54 minutes ago, Vinniefromessex2016 said:

Thank you all for the kind comments, they are greatly appreciated.

Feltwad, could you list the safety rules for black powder muzzle loading shotguns as I would be interested to know what they are. I’m always willing to learn more. 

loading a s/b or a d/b muzzle loader is totally different to a breech loader  be it a percussion or a flintlock   I advise you too approach the MLAGB   site for a copy of safety rules or better still  visit a muzzle loading club or the shooting show  where there is a demonstration it will give you a better idea than  trying to explain the main factors .

Feltwad

2 hours ago, Feltwad said:

loading a s/b or a d/b muzzle loader is totally different to a breech loader  be it a percussion or a flintlock   I advise you too approach the MLAGB   site for a copy of safety rules or better still  visit a muzzle loading club or the shooting show  where there is a demonstration it will give you a better idea than  trying to explain the main factors .

Feltwad

Thanks for that Feltwad, I will definitely have a look and maybe do a video on it in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Vinniefromessex2016 said:

Thanks for that Feltwad, I will definitely have a look and maybe do a video on it in the future. 

I think that is the best idea  you will get some surprizes   concerning safety  like loading from the flask and blowing down the barrel after a shot .

Feltwad