Fork lift versus steel toe cap boots !!

rec-baller

Great start to the day, got my foot run over by a 4.5 tonne f,l,t.

Stepped out to do a job at work and my work mate put the truck in reverse and ran my foot over, after 2 hours in casualty and a visit to a consultant I was amazed when I was told I hadn't broken a single bone in my foot !!

I have to admit I was nearly in tears when the doctors were taking my boot and sock off, I honestly thought there were a few toes coming off with it 🤢

So it's now foot up for a couple of weeks with a "moon" boot on until the swelling and bruising go down.

Only just back shooting as well 🦊🐇🐰

20200522_122301.jpg.02e235ab1f8b4a8d96cce4daa4f53643.jpg

Good boots. I’ve seen some horrendous accidents over the years in the building trade and  various other jobs I’ve had, and it’s usually the case with toe tectors that whatever lands on your foot lands on your instep, completely missing the cap!  Just goes to show they do work. Get well soon. 👍

12 minutes ago, rec-baller said:

Great start to the day, got my foot run over by a 4.5 tonne f,l,t.

Stepped out to do a job at work and my work mate put the truck in reverse and ran my foot over, after 2 hours in casualty and a visit to a consultant I was amazed when I was told I hadn't broken a single bone in my foot !!

I have to admit I was nearly in tears when the doctors were taking my boot and sock off, I honestly thought there were a few toes coming off with it 🤢

So it's now foot up for a couple of weeks with a "moon" boot on until the swelling and bruising go down.

Only just back shooting as well 🦊🐇🐰

20200522_122301.jpg.02e235ab1f8b4a8d96cce4daa4f53643.jpg

That's why they insist you wear them.

drove all sorts of fork lifts many years ago, I could  wright a book on what I have seen , the amount of times I used to tell some of the young drivers off for not looking behind them when they reversed out without looking , or lifting loads that were too heavy for the truck , going round corners too fast and the load going over , I don't think R O S P A  course they went on didn't sink in , so say you had a crush on some one is a under statement , happy days .

Many years ago i witnessed the aftermath of a FLT accident, the driver had been running with his forks raised a few feet and carrying a tall pallet of goods, it was across an open yard and as he had not expected anyone to be there and as he ran towards the wagon he was lifting the forks as he went.

Sadly there was someone there he didn’t see and he ended up under the truck, one of his eyeballs was on his chest when the truck was lifted off him.

There was fault  by both the guy who got hit and the driver, but a life ending and life changing outcome respectively for each guy.

I’m glad it is just bruising that you have to contend with and hopefully a full recovery quickly.

3 hours ago, mad1 said:

Glad to see you are ok....I drove them for years.

What wound me up was people walking behind you they thought they would stop like a car...just as well team tractor doesnt drive one !!!

Ours is only 2ton . It’s hardly used and I’m so strict after seeing some of the things on the internet. 
funny I didn’t see the rock I slipped on 6 years ago that caused my leg to snap in half 

Rec-baller...you should contact the manufacturers of the boots (Dickies?) and let them know how their boots saved your foot!  Give them permission to use the photo / story in their sales promotions andtTell them you'll definitely buy another pair....who knows, they might give you some free!  Hope your foot heals quickly...lots of shooting to do. 

Glad to hear that you got away with only bruising but looking at the foto could the shoe be classed as having failed. The actual toe cap has popped out of the side of the shoe, should that have really happened?  I would say contact Dickies to show them the foto so that they can liaise with the manufacturer.

12 hours ago, peck said:

Glad to hear that you got away with only bruising but looking at the foto could the shoe be classed as having failed. The actual toe cap has popped out of the side of the shoe, should that have really happened?  I would say contact Dickies to show them the foto so that they can liaise with the manufacturer.

Dickies would just laugh at you if you rang them up to complaint that the toe cap had popped out after being run over by a 4.5 ton forklift. 

I'd say the boot did a damn good job, could easily have pushed down at the back and chopped his toes off!