Making History: NASA and SpaceX Launch Astronauts to Space!

Danger-Mouse

For any space junkies.

Watch history unfold on Wednesday, May 27, as NASA and SpaceX launch astronauts Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley to the International Space Station. This mission marks the first time since the retirement of the space shuttle in 2011 that humans will fly to the space station from U.S. soil. Tune in starting at 12:15 p.m. EDT as NASA and SpaceX provide joint, live coverage from launch to arrival at the space station. Teams are targeting 4:33 p.m. EDT for the launch of the SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft atop a Falcon 9 rocket from historic Launch Complex 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The Crew Dragon is scheduled to dock to the space station at 11:29 a.m. Thursday, May 28.

ISS is due overhead this evening at 2130 and the Dragon approx 20 mins later. Hoping that the clouds stay away for me to see them both.

Cant say EM is a favourite of mine, but I do wish the astronauts a safe flight, both out and back.

FB

Edited by Flyboy1950
Spelling

i know the real reason.........................................

7..............6...............5..............4.................".stop the countdown"

"why"....................."i want a wee"..............."why didnt you have one before we went..?..".............."i had stuff to do.....i wasnt like you ...i was busy doing stuff"

11 hours ago, old'un said:

Unbelievable, with all the technology they have and a bit of  “inclement weather” (their words) stops liftoff, how did we ever land on the moon?

Just imagine  if they had tried to launch Apollo 11 from the UK with all the #### weather we have it would be still on the launch pad 50yrs later  🙈

Edited by blackbird