Its been a while.

la bala

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mole plough was a good guess BUT it doesn't look heavy enough to do the job to me.  Just according to how light his soil is of course but if sandy then a mole plough ain't going to be any use it will all collapse in on itself.  Pity I'm so far away because I have a ready made A frame sat in my yard he could have for free.

Edited by Walker570

Not been a very eventful day. Got up late after a bad night. Been lugging 16 and 25mm plate about and cutting it with 9 inch angle grinder. Why oh why did i ever part with my gas cutting gear. I did manage to drill a few holes. I will be glad when i start tacking up, at least whats in your head starts to appear. I am sure my arms are three inches longer, I told my grandson when i start putting it together i may need one of his diggers.:lol:.

Capture mole 2.PNG

Capture mole3.PNG

mole4.PNG

mole 5.PNG

Had a little play again today, it still doesnt resemble much but i tell you what its starting to get a tad heavy for these old bones. Walker570 it isnt going to be used for pan busting, just putting 25mm water pipes through his paddocks,

Capture plough.PNG

Capture plough 1.PNG

Capture plough 2.PNG

Capture plough 3.PNG

10 hours ago, Gordon R said:

That looks seriously heavy When I read 16 and 25, my mind immediately jumped to 16 and 25 gauge. It only dawned on me when I looked at the thickness on the fourth photo.

You have my admiration drilling and cutting plate that thick.

Like i said it is getting a bit heavy for this ole boy, every gusset i put in seems to add another 10 kilos:lol:. Day off today, got to catch up on housework, but on know where i would rather be.

37 minutes ago, la bala said:

Like i said it is getting a bit heavy for this ole boy, every gusset i put in seems to add another 10 kilos. Day off today, got to catch up on housework, but on know where i would rather be.

i think you need a few extra gussets in your "medicle belt"..........

5 minutes ago, la bala said:

I very often look down at my midrift  and think back in the day that was a decent chest, talk about going south :lol::lol:.

ive taken down all the mirrors in my house............pointless having them cause i dont rekonise any person i see in them .........

26 minutes ago, ditchman said:

how is the pipe going to feed ...have you made that yet 

Hoping to get tube rolled tomorrow Simon, just need to find a big piece of cardboard to draw template on. Bit of bracketry to bolt it on back of plough.Cross my fingers when young-un gives it the big-un.:lol:.  I am trying to source a 20mm shear bolt. If I put a shear bolt in the bottom fixing and things go pear shaped, the plough can pivot upward on the top bolt, giving the driver a bit of warning. thats the plan anyway. But as always there will be pics on the launch.

22 hours ago, la bala said:

Hoping to get tube rolled tomorrow Simon, just need to find a big piece of cardboard to draw template on. Bit of bracketry to bolt it on back of plough.Cross my fingers when young-un gives it the big-un.:lol:.  I am trying to source a 20mm shear bolt. If I put a shear bolt in the bottom fixing and things go pear shaped, the plough can pivot upward on the top bolt, giving the driver a bit of warning. thats the plan anyway. But as always there will be pics on the launch.

Richard Askew, or ask at Cousins, they had 5000 not long back