Its been a while.

la bala

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Drag the plough through a couple of times before you do the run with the pipe.

And yes, the ground is as hard and dry here that I have ever seen. Rock hard dust down to 2'6", possibly deeper but I didn't look.

Thanks 39TDS, sounds like a good plan. The grandson isnt looking to plant the water pipe until later this year, hopefully the ground will be a bit softer.

6 minutes ago, la bala said:

Thanks 39TDS, sounds like a good plan. The grandson isnt looking to plant the water pipe until later this year, hopefully the ground will be a bit softer.

Even when the ground is soft it serves to move stones away that could potentially rub the pipe.

• 3 weeks later...

that looks a bit stronger ....stupid question............do you need to put a rib on the outside.of the hitchplate you have just made ?....think about where the bending moments are and where the tension and compression areas are 

Edited by ditchman

18 minutes ago, ditchman said:

that looks a bit stronger ....stupid question............do you need to put a rib on the outside.of the hitchplate you have just made ?....think about where the bending moments are and where the tension and compression areas are 

This what you mean Simon.

Capture new plate 1.PNG

14 minutes ago, ditchman said:

stupid boy ...i am..............eggs ....suck....and all that....................sorry ...i will keep my gob shut....

Well I hope it holds, I havnt got any plate thicker than 16mm, and no longer having any gas gear I dont want to be cutting anything thicker.:lol: