Gear/Kit carrier

Centrepin

20200527_164213.jpg

Bought myself this today for those treks to a hide. Now I can carry enough ammo and water plus all the other gubbins we think we must have.

Magnets and batteries are heavy and when you can't walk far this seems ideal, 1 trip only now if I cant drive on. Less disturbance.

20200527_164239.jpg

59 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

My shooting buddy has one. Good on dry ground but a nightmare on wet clay etc. We have had to abandon it a few times. Does keep the kit organised in the truck too. 

Yep, been there and done that, some years back I picked up an old golf trolley, put some wheel barrow wheels on it, welded a cradle to hold all the gear, it was great on dry newly sown fields but if it was wet the wheels clogged up so I welded on some mud scrapes, it worked to a point but if the ground was really wet and sticky (winter rape) you ended up dragging it across the field as the wheels just sank into the mud with the weight, the other problem was fences, you had to virtually unload everything to get it over the fence, and don’t even entertain going across a ploughed field.....it ended up in the skip.

I too suffered the mud collecting experience, by the end of one C1km drag I reckon the thing weighed about 120kg with everything in!  Now lives in the roof space in the garage.. at £70 for a couple of outing it’s was an expensive lesson...  The other Problem I found was on a dry day it encourages you to take all the shooting stuff you own, which isn’t great if you should be relocating but can’t be bothered..  I’m currently trying to reduce the stuff I take with me..

11 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Where did you get it? 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Isn't it just a carp barrow from a fishing shop?

Ebay fishing Barrow, £50.

I don't walk well, so a net, 3 or 4 poles, ammo, water, binos, small hand axe, secateurs and a seat, few bits of essential meds and of course my gun and I can manage a couple of hundred yards with a rest. Worth its money for me.

I don't/cant do fences and Stiles and stick to the very edges of ploughed fields where there are normally tractor tracks.

Better than my old one below

20200527_165947.jpg

2 hours ago, PPP said:

I too suffered the mud collecting experience, by the end of one C1km drag I reckon the thing weighed about 120kg with everything in!  Now lives in the roof space in the garage.. at £70 for a couple of outing it’s was an expensive lesson...  The other Problem I found was on a dry day it encourages you to take all the shooting stuff you own, which isn’t great if you should be relocating but can’t be bothered..  I’m currently trying to reduce the stuff I take with me..

I know this is off topic and may be seen by some as being pedantic, but we are British people living in the UK.  We do not have kilometres in this country and, thankfully,  probably never will now. Most folk in Britain have no idea how far a kilometre is.  Please refrain from using foreign measurements.

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Handbags at dawn!

My post was not directed personally at PPP, more at the PW population in general. 
Hasn’t anyone noticed how the BBC often use the K word instead of miles when referring to the distance between two points in UK?

Just now, Yellow Bear said:

Sorry but the UK like most of the world adopted SI units back in the 1970s IIRC.

And how many KPH does your car do? 
And if I ask about your fuel consumption you will tell me in MPG, because litres per 100 kilometre is meaningless **** to everybody in this country. 
 For fifty years as a toolmaker I worked in S.I. and Imperial units so fully understand both, but I only speak French in France.

Personnally I do not mind whish version is used as long as they are not mixed!

I had a young herbert working for me years ago and he would measure an item and then give me an imperial start and metric fine aditions because he could not get his head round parts of an inch!

On 28/05/2020 at 13:57, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Personnally I do not mind whish version is used as long as they are not mixed!

I had a young herbert working for me years ago and he would measure an item and then give me an imperial start and metric fine aditions because he could not get his head round parts of an inch!

It's best when your running multiple machines and one is imperial and the other metric, I'll never ever forget an old boy telling me to alter an offset by 4 thou, I didn't have a clue what he meant 😅😅😅😅😅😅

On 28/05/2020 at 14:33, old'un said:

It doesn’t matter if its imperial or metric it will still get stuck in the mud.

Love it.

On 28/05/2020 at 10:06, Centrepin said:

Ebay fishing Barrow, £50.

I don't walk well, so a net, 3 or 4 poles, ammo, water, binos, small hand axe, secateurs and a seat, few bits of essential meds and of course my gun and I can manage a couple of hundred yards with a rest. Worth its money for me.

I don't/cant do fences and Stiles and stick to the very edges of ploughed fields where there are normally tractor tracks.

Better than my old one below

20200527_165947.jpg

If it makes your life easier brilliant.