New-ish guy in town

Hi all just thought i'd introduce myself,

I'm a Brit but have mixed heritage as my parents are from Finland.

I still regularly return to visit my myriad of relatives and also to do some "proper shooting" last time I was there I shot practical pistol and some full auto Sako assault rifles!

I was introduced to guns at the age of 8 when my grandpa and Uncle took me shooting with a 12 bore Miroku we had a lot of land in Finland and shooting in your back garden was seen as normal. We shot skittles and some hand thrown clays and when asked if there was anything else I wanted to shoot.

Well, I let  my Action man have it, we never found anything other than some ripped miniature clothes. Which was a bit surprising 

Upon returning home to Blighty I pestered my mum to get me an air pistol and like so many my first gun was a Gat. 

Since then many hundreds of airguns,shotguns and rifles have passed through my hands.As soon as i was old enough I was going to join a gun club. Many years passed and like so mnay i was put off getting "real guns" by the thought of Police inspections and owning my own property.

Fast forward 15 years and I had my own place a Mrs and thankfully no kids! So I joined a local club and as the years progressed I became an RO then committee member and eventually the club secretary for a rifle and pistol club.(which sadly closed a around 5 years ago due to land grabbing developers who wanted to build trendy flats on our range.

Unfortunately the governing body had neglected to pay our rent for many years, unbeknownst to us,  even though part of our range fees and renewals included rent for the range.

But never the less, I still shoot, although I gave up on centrefire target rifles as the reloading, cleaning and general faffing around made it feel more like work than a hobby, reloading the club ammo on top of this made me somewhat glad when the club finally folded. It can be a lonely place being the "boss" and 90% of members where very helpful but the 10% treated the place as if they where paying guests, never helped on range clearance days, they often left empties lying around and old ammo boxes. 

I since joined a club near London and switched to rimfire, shotgun and airguns. and I am enjoying shooting more than ever.

Often when joining a club its all to easy to be swayed by the crowd and bamboozled into buying guns you don't really  want or like, I recently sold my Ruger 10/22 as alloys, plastics and massive scopes just feel wrong.

somewhere i lost my way and forgot how nice walnut and steel can be. I felt for some time that I didn't quite fit in on the Gallery circuit anyway, An im now focusing on smallbore 

Im a member of Bisley NRA and shoot comp occasionally, mainly Running boar and Mini Mcqueens so I may even know some of you chaps!

I'm no expert but i can give advice on rifles shotguns and spring airguns if anyone asks I've been shooting for 40 years!

I also worked for Holts at one time but if truth be told I'm no expert on values, i took me a year working there before i knew what a sidelock or boxlock is!

Forgive my spelling as im quite dyslexic and without spell check it would look like word soup.

Disco!