Hedgehog nesting.

harrycatcat1

I have not seen many hedghogs for years probably due to me having a Patterdale terrier but now I have them nesting in my shed. They have made a home in my Suffolk punch petrol lawnmowers grass box. It's got young and I have put a bowl of water in the shed and some broken up dog biscuits. It's got in through a hole in the back of the shed that the dog chewed/bit trying to get to a fox that had got in through the cat flap in the shed. (long story)

What else if anything should I do?

That's a brilliant thing to see and you should feel privileged 😀

As Papercase said, keep the dogs away and leave the hedgehogs alone. They are doing OK by themselves up to now, so no need to interfere at this point, but maybe keep a discreet eye on them without intruding 😉

When we had the labradors we had many hedgehogs coming in an evening eating the dog food and many a bird 🦅 aswell 

The dogs passed away and now nothing is allowed in while our patterdale is outside 

We did notice our recycling box on end and the dog food tins licked clean one  morning which are the other side of the gates