Exercising a 100 year old...

GBS

1 minute ago, motty said:

The title suggested that you had been out for a walk with Jdog....

Seriously, though, well done!

not quite motty ....i think the thread would start............"i ran out of cartridges again and had to blag some/ get some poor *** to walk back to the car../ nick............"

18 hours ago, London Best said:

Very nice gun.

My own Dickson was made in 1865.1D04CB4F-970B-4973-AF18-BEC9D9E10B89.jpeg.93e30059f86a7cd7fc5da4cc15a1bb54.jpeg

Lovely looking gun , I haven't been lucky enough to own a Dickson but I have got a couple of nice hammer guns , one a T Wild and the other a Midland Gun Company , nothing I like better than to sit in a bale hide on a Summers afternoon with just the basics out and giving the hammer gun a day out doing what it was made for .

Not forgetting the good bag by the op with his stunning gun , nice to see them still in use in these days of modern firearms .

Thank you for the comments on the gun. The plan is to use it for everything over the next five years assuming lead shot is phased out. There was a really flat light the other evening which made photographing the, usually difficult, metal parts quite straightforward.

GBS

IMG_4971.JPG

2 hours ago, GBS said:

Thank you for the comments on the gun. The plan is to use it for everything over the next five years assuming lead shot is phased out. There was a really flat light the other evening which made photographing the, usually difficult, metal parts quite straightforward.

GBS

Beautiful engraving, thanks for posting. Will be a shame to retire her in 5 years. 

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Why would he retire the gun in five years?

Standard steel won’t hurt it and bismuth certainly won’t.

I just assumed by the OPs comment of ‘5 years’ that he was only shooting it until the ban. I’ll be honest that I haven’t much experience of non toxic - can you even get steel / bismuth shells less than 2 3/4” at the moment?