PARD 019 Spotter

steve_b_wales

5 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I'm looking for someone who can give an honest report on it. I already have one on standby, which as I mentioned, is an excellent price, and many £s less than the RRP.

Yeah I was meaning you could ask the guy who sold it.

It works ! I find I need to constantly tweak the focus when scanning different distances to get the best out of it. And back off the maximum magnification (x6 optical) to something like 5.8x - this seems to me to help with focusing.

ive added a small external ir to a small picatinny (3-4 slot) added to the tripod mount underneath. 

For the money it works ok and I tend to use it from one position and swap over to Pard 008 or Drone pro for the shot. Works for me.

on occasion I’ve used the Solaris SRX with it.....then you can see way out there.

hope that helps (mine has a basic added on diopter lens but I’d like a set too (per your recent post) to perfect it a bit more.

thanks

AndyCM

13 hours ago, AndyCM said:

It works ! I find I need to constantly tweak the focus when scanning different distances to get the best out of it. And back off the maximum magnification (x6 optical) to something like 5.8x - this seems to me to help with focusing.

ive added a small external ir to a small picatinny (3-4 slot) added to the tripod mount underneath. 

For the money it works ok and I tend to use it from one position and swap over to Pard 008 or Drone pro for the shot. Works for me.

on occasion I’ve used the Solaris SRX with it.....then you can see way out there.

hope that helps (mine has a basic added on diopter lens but I’d like a set too (per your recent post) to perfect it a bit more.

thanks

AndyCM

Thanks Andy. 

Hello Steve, I have a 019 , used a lot last winter and found very good, remember it has no back lens dioptre so I use a 4  x magnification lenses a get a good clarity eye view to 200 yards, flat top 18650s required and I got some Samsung 30 q  x 2, I don't use the unit charging system, I charge the 18650s separate and lasts a good 2/3 hours and more, this n/v spotter nocks spots off my old one I bought off c r s via the night vision forum, with a good I/ r torch fitted you should get well over 200 / 300 yards, these magnification lenses help if you wear glasses thus eliminating the need, they fit under the rubber eye piece up to the 019 back lens size are 49mm, I got mine off aliexpress and eBay, rewulf off here may have some and can advise more, cheers

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello Steve, I have a 019 , used a lot last winter and found very good, remember it has no back lens dioptre so I use a 4  x magnification lenses a get a good clarity eye view to 200 yards, flat top 18650s required and I got some Samsung 30 q  x 2, I don't use the unit charging system, I charge the 18650s separate and lasts a good 2/3 hours and more, this n/v spotter nocks spots off my old one I bought off c r s via the night vision forum, with a good I/ r torch fitted you should get well over 200 / 300 yards, these magnification lenses help if you wear glasses thus eliminating the need, they fit under the rubber eye piece up to the 019 back lens size are 49mm, I got mine off aliexpress and eBay, rewulf off here may have some and can advise more, cheers

Thanks for the review. Have you a link for Ali express?

43 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Thanks for the review. Have you a link for Ali express?

Hello Steve, I just typed in close up lenses, you can buy 1 x 2 x 4 x singles or sets, a single 2 x like this on eBay 253254045543 or on aliexpress check out a lens called rise UK , you need to decide what strength suitable, mine is 4 x custom rifle scope sell the 019 with a 2 x lens fitted, careful with the rubber eye piece, I taped mine where it sits in with black sparky tape cheers

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello Steve, I just typed in close up lenses, you can buy 1 x 2 x 4 x singles or sets, a single 2 x like this on eBay 253254045543 or on aliexpress check out a lens called rise UK , you need to decide what strength suitable, mine is 4 x custom rifle scope sell the 019 with a 2 x lens fitted, careful with the rubber eye piece, I taped mine where it sits in with black sparky tape cheers

Thank you.