Waa209

Looking at knocking up some cartridge and data uses the above wads (waa209) ..... I can't find any info on them, it's old data from clay game book, 1 5/8oz lead with AO powder. Is there a primer I could use instead of this? 

Edited by Smiler23

Old white box winchesters obsolete. Andy hs suggestion of cx2000 is a good one in my opinion. I would say any increase in pressure with the cx2000 would be minimal. I think the official line from RSI at the time was to sub for the blue box winchesters. But it proved in the wider world to not be a good substitution. Many in the white box RSI data sub the CX2000 and i feel you will be fine with what your wanting to do. Advice is reduce load a little if scared. but think you will be good.

20 minutes ago, Smiler23 said:

Thanks for replies lads, so ya think 

Cx2000,37.0grn ao ,nitro card,fibre wad ,1 5/8oz lead be ok then?

37 grain looks a big enough charge, but its years since i did any A0 loads so can not remember with any accuracy. Is it old data.?  A0 underwent a big change in late 80s/ early 90s. from yellow flakes type A0 . it was a bit hotter than the old stuff the new.

That looks a better load, by the time ian charlton did the CDs we were on to new AO and had been a few years. The old powder was yelow stuff, and i seemed to get it in red tins The new stuff was in card tube type tubs.Blue. Powdder was a silverey greeny grey if i remember correctly.