Clay shooting gloves..?

gamekeeper1960

Hi all I'm looking for a pair of summer lightweight gloves for clay shooting and something that doesn't break the bank I'm currently using a pair of browning breaking clay but left index finger has gone to many sim days   ! What are others finding good ..any recommendation please... cheers David..

6 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

What on Earth are you wearing gloves for? 

Ive only ever worn them to keep my hands warm! 

Then obviously you and I are different I wear them because I always have and I want too..

In fact I don't wear to keep my hands warm it for grip old hand aren't the same as when I wore a younger mans cloths. .😩

Anyways Guys you've given me much to consider so for that I thank you one and all...Dave..

Edited by gamekeeper1960

I can’t understand why Macwets command the price they do. 

I bought a pair when they first came out, and in dry warm weather they’re fine, but in cold wet weather they are worse than useless; neither waterproof nor warm. 
Mine are still in the drawer where I left them many years ago.

I couldn’t recommend them to anyone, there are much better and more practical gloves out there. 

I use Macwets, SUMMER and winter. The mesh backed golf glove off the bay of plenty are around £20 a pair. I have 2 pair of summer gloves and as said the older pair, do have holes at some of the finger tips, caused by loading an auto. One of the 2 pair are genuine shooting gloves at around £30, the others are golf gloves at around £20, I am unable to see any difference between the two. As also said they are useless in cold wet weather, but I have yet to find a shooting glove that isn't. I use a pair of fingerless wool gloves, with a pull over mitt section for the fingers. They have suede palms and work well in wet, cold weather. At £8 a time I carry 4 pairs in my bag and change them throughout the day.  I think golf gloves are certainly the way to go though, I do have a couple of pairs of winter golf gloves that are fleece backed and synthetic leather palms.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I can’t understand why Macwets command the price they do. 

I bought a pair when they first came out, and in dry warm weather they’re fine, but in cold wet weather they are worse than useless; neither waterproof nor warm. 
Mine are still in the drawer where I left them many years ago.

I couldn’t recommend them to anyone, there are much better and more practical gloves out there. 

I will take them off your hands if you dont want them😁

3 hours ago, Westley said:

I use Macwets, SUMMER and winter. The mesh backed golf glove off the bay of plenty are around £20 a pair. I have 2 pair of summer gloves and as said the older pair, do have holes at some of the finger tips, caused by loading an auto. One of the 2 pair are genuine shooting gloves at around £30, the others are golf gloves at around £20, I am unable to see any difference between the two. As also said they are useless in cold wet weather, but I have yet to find a shooting glove that isn't. I use a pair of fingerless wool gloves, with a pull over mitt section for the fingers. They have suede palms and work well in wet, cold weather. At £8 a time I carry 4 pairs in my bag and change them throughout the day.  I think golf gloves are certainly the way to go though, I do have a couple of pairs of winter golf gloves that are fleece backed and synthetic leather palms.

Cheers Westley. I certainly going to grab a couple of pairs of golf gloves and give them a go ...