2020 game chicks

Had a report Friday from the farmer 1st lot of pheasant chicks seen in a pea field while he was spraying, possibly 1-2 weeks old, just got to get the water points filled now as that will be the biggest threat if this weather persists. 

Any other sightings out there. 

That is pretty early but you are right to provide some water as it is getting very dry everywhere.  Good move.   I know of at least one hen sitting at this moment and she is right in the middle of a very busy dairy farm complex.  Cock birds evevry where but the hens have disappeared so any time now .

On 31/05/2020 at 13:00, Konnie said:

Had a report Friday from the farmer 1st lot of pheasant chicks seen in a pea field while he was spraying, possibly 1-2 weeks old, just got to get the water points filled now as that will be the biggest threat if this weather persists. 

Any other sightings out there. 

One day last week I saw a hen bird with just one chick , this was certainly more than a few days old so I wouldn't be surprised if there were more hatched out , when I see the tractor driver who is also the part time keeper I will ask him if he had seen any youngsters about , with all this hot weather they won't be short of insect life but water can and will be a problem .