Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so colston was a slave trader.Tell me any country in Europe or West Africa that was not in the trade? Muslims, Christians Jews were all slave traders Some of these were blacks selling blacks to anyone It went on worldwide in peace AND in war. germany used slaves to keep companies going in wartime some big names still in business now .As been said before if it had been ethnic killing ethnic nothing would be said This is just an excuse for rent a mob 

Just now, clangerman said:

did i tell you to get real? no i had to handle plenty of situations and admit to going over board on occasion at events but i would never kneel on someone’s neck already restrained he was out to hurt the offender and achieved it 

you know nothing other than what you have been fed by the media, Its not like on the tv, the perps don't always hold up their hands and proclaim "its a fair cop, guvnor"

1 minute ago, REDINGTON said:

you know nothing other than what you have been fed by the media, Its not like on the tv, the perps don't always hold up their hands and proclaim "its a fair cop, guvnor"

i wouldn’t believe the media if you paid me think last time i gave someone the benefit of a soft hand he smashed me in the side of the head but i still didn’t choke him to death over it 

Just now, Scully said:

All I’m concerned about, is that if those cities concerned experience a ‘spike’ in covid cases, it is those cities and those cities alone which are locked down. 

Unfortunately these 'demonstrators' are no doubt from far and wide - will have brought the virus, shared it around - and taken it back far and wide.  One placard read "I don't care about the virus, I don't care about the economy - I care about Black Lives".

We will ALL be shut down again, loads of jobs will be lost ......... and people (including black people) will possibly die.

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

i wouldn’t believe the media if you paid me think last time i gave someone the benefit of a soft hand he smashed me in the side of the head but i still didn’t choke him to death over it 

5 minutes ago, clangerman said:

On May 29, the country was told that the autopsy of George Floyd “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation,” and that “potential intoxicants” and preexisting cardiovascular disease “likely contributed to his death.”

Floyd, an unarmed Black man, died in police custody on Memorial Day in Minneapolis, Minn. after a white police officer held his knee on Floyd's neck.

both these have been widely circulated, but of course one is highly likely to cause more rioting,looting and virtue signaling than the other.

Just now, REDINGTON said:

On May 29, the country was told that the autopsy of George Floyd “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation,” and that “potential intoxicants” and preexisting cardiovascular disease “likely contributed to his death.”

Floyd, an unarmed Black man, died in police custody on Memorial Day in Minneapolis, Minn. after a white police officer held his knee on Floyd's neck.

both these have been widely circulated, but of course one is highly likely to cause more rioting,looting and virtue signaling than the other.

best check the minneapolis medical examiners findings cause of death asphyxiation death classed as a homicide and that to us is a murder! 

36 minutes ago, clangerman said:

how is kneeling on someone’s neck for NINE mins while he BEGS for oxygen in the wildest of places mishandling a arrest let’s at least have it real he is DEAD because he could not breath with a bully kneeling on his neck 

What do you expect to gain by stating what we already know? The man is dead, the officer has been charged. Horrible,  but I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

I don't actually feel that personally affected by the story. Worse in my mind was the protestor pushed to the ground in Buffalo because I used to live close to there.

A baby got shot in the head in Harlesden yesterday, where are you on that?

Edited by Vince Green

best check the minneapolis medical examiners findings cause of death asphyxiation death classed as a homicide and that to us is a murder! 

so its "us" now is it, I didn't realise you were a local resident.:hmm:

I don't have to check anything, I don't care, another scumbag criminal is out of the picture. pregnant women in the neighbourhood will be relieved.

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

who wants things that celebrate RAPING of women the DEATH of children or any of the slave trade horrors in their town personally i like it being there as the council are embarrassed by it this has done them a favour they can now pretend it never took place bit like the pages of nothing but negative comments on this which now make us look like a bunch of racists tarring all with the same brush 

Best destroy most of Bristol, Liverpool, London. As the houses of Parliament, liver building, schools hospitals and concert halls in Bristol were all profits from slavery.. That does NOT make me racist for saying leave them there and teach the history that happened and that was wrong. 

27 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Best destroy most of Bristol, Liverpool, London. As the houses of Parliament, liver building, schools hospitals and concert halls in Bristol were all profits from slavery.. That does NOT make me racist for saying leave them there and teach the history that happened and that was wrong. 

i’m just pointing out the non stop negative comments make us look a bunch of racists is everyone who has a conviction a so called scumbag criminal? or just george because that’s how it looks from outside on here 

The situation is complex but our disgust at the violence is simple. 

1. The officers appear to have made a serious transgression with their aggressive actions, however they have now been charged and will face a trial in which the full facts will be presented. If they are found to be guilty they will face serious consequences, if they are found to be innocent they will be freed. Their careers are probably over either way but unfortunately that happens. I consider what I saw in the video to be murder but have absolutely no expertise or evidence to make that call >>>> the legalities of the death-in-custody are now being dealt with appropriately so further speculation or protest on this is redundant. 

2. This is the latest of many incidents showing excessive force and extra judicial punishment in the US. But look at the culture it occurred in... America has serious violent crime issues, I would not want to be a police officer there ... who on earth would? The movement against police brutality appears justified, but the society must reflect upon how they allowed or fostered their police to become this way. >>>> The violent protests are only brutalising and alienating the police further. 

3. The demonstrations against the death of an unarmed black man in police custody are legitimate. It is reasonable to show solidarity when this incident is part of a long trend of institutional racism. However, the dead man’s character is being twisted and he has practically been beatified. A ‘gentle giant’ who committed the armed invasion of a pregnant woman’s house? People need to accept he was a dangerous and violent individual, >>>> the protests should be in general rather than in glorification of this criminal drug addict. 

4. Bringing violence to the streets of the UK is not acceptable. It was not acceptable after the death of drug dealer Mark Duggan and it is not acceptable now. The peaceful majority were let down by the violent few, however if you whip up a protest you must bare responsibility for how it descends.  As soon as the protests became violent or destructive they became counter productive. You are arguing that you deserve civility when you can’t behave with civility? >>>>> The protestors have lost any support from the common man. 

5. Destruction of our heritage will do nothing to improve the lives of those who are disadvantaged or any other gainful result. The pursuit of this destruction shows the idiocy of those involved. The only way to move forward is to forgive the actions in the past. We did that with Germany, Japan, Italy. I don’t whinge to my Italian brother in law about his responsibility and complicity for the actions of Mussolini. Liverpool has a maritime museum that exposes and explains the historic slave trade. >>>>> All those involved with or complicit with any destruction of property should be traced, tried and imprisoned. 

Edited by WalkedUp

I still can't find anyone who can give a logical explanation for why there are all those idiots smashing cities in the UK up and attacking our police. Just what exactly did anyone in the UK do to the criminal that apparently got  choked to death in the US?

i’m just pointing out the non stop negative comments make us look a bunch of racists is everyone who has a conviction a so called scumbag criminal? or just george because that’s how it looks from outside on here 

What a load of nonsense, if you read through past threads on here, you'll find plenty of destain for all sorts of criminals. Your looking for something that's not there, as are the idiots currently smashing up our city's.

4 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Liverpool has a maritime museum that exposes and explains the historic slave trade.

As indeed does Bristol.

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I still can't find anyone who can give a logical explanation for why there are all those idiots smashing cities in the UK up and attacking our police.

It isn't logical ....... but the usual 'rent-a-mob' are bound to be involved.  It's what they seem to enjoy doing.  They don't need a logical explanation, even the weakest excuse will do.

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I still can't find anyone who can give a logical explanation for why there are all those idiots smashing cities in the UK up and attacking our police. Just what exactly did anyone in the UK do to the criminal that apparently got  choked to death in the US?

What a load of nonsense, if you read through past threads on here, you'll find plenty of destain for all sorts of criminals. Your looking for something that's not there, as are the idiots currently smashing up our city's.

is it page after page of nothing but negative comments i wonder what his six year old would think reading them the public can read them you want to look racist carry on 

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

As indeed does Bristol.

It isn't logical ....... but the usual 'rent-a-mob' are bound to be involved.  It's what they seem to enjoy doing.  They don't need a logical explanation, even the weakest excuse will do.

Something needs to be done, an example needs to be made of these thugs so others are in no doubt of where the line is. The vast majority of the reasonable UK population would be behind the police if we got heavy with them.

is it page after page of nothing but negative comments i wonder what his six year old would think reading them the public can read them you want to look racist carry on 

I don't think it looks the slightest bit racist. Infact suggesting it does takes away from true racism and gives a space for real racists to hide, saying "well everything is racist these days" because it is. The word racism is loosing it's punch and it's because people like you sling it around for no reason.

As for what his six year old would think, that's a separate issue for a separate thread.

6 minutes ago, clangerman said:

No one is disputing the personal tragedy. I believe people on this forum are upset with the violent and destructive protests, which are being undertaken by white/black/asian/other individuals. 

This was written by an American fellow, you know, someone who actually lives in the USA.

I trust he won't object to my placing it here.

Suspects killed by police in the USA are 75% less today than they were in 1980. That is true for blacks, Asians, Latinos, everyone.

Rate of shootings remains pretty steady since 2015.
919 people were fatally shot by police in 2018.
1,023 people were shot and killed by police in 2019.
Whites comprise over half those killed by police.
Black compose 13% of the population and comprise 26% of those killed by police.
Blacks are arrested and convicted of 38% of the violent crime in America: 3 times the rate of whites....disproportionate to their population.

In 2019, 10 people of 1,023 were killed by police accidentally or by use of force excessive to a crime being committed.

So, here’s the 2018 breakdown of the 995 people shot and killed by the police:
403 were white, 210 were black, 148 were Hispanic, 38 were classified as other, and 199 were classified as unknown.

Out of that 995, 47 were unarmed — 23 were white, 17 were black, 5 were Hispanic, and 2 were unknown.

Out of the 30-50 million interactions that the police had with the American public last year, 10 million people were arrested, and less than 0.01 percent were shot and killed by the police. Out of those 10 million people arrested, 47 of those shot and killed were unarmed, which equates to 0.00047 percent, 17 of which were black.

948 of 995 criminals killed by police were armed and committing a violent crime at the time. 95% of those suspects killed were armed.

The reality is that out of the 10,000,000 arrests made last year in the U.S., 17 black people shot and killed by the police were unarmed, which equates to 0.00017 percent. That does not mean they were innocent. It does not mean the shootings were racially motivated.

Blacks are "disproportionately" over-represented on police forces, for those who place some value on such things.

Black police and deputies do a lot of the patrolling and call responding to black neighborhoods.
Latino police and deputies do a lot of the patrolling and call responding to black neighborhoods.
So the criminals are being arrested by police of their own race, more than by white police.
Black police are involved in shooting and killing a lot of these black criminals. Are they racists? Of course not.

Just now, WalkedUp said:

No one is disputing the personal tragedy. I believe people on this forum are upset with the violent and destructive protests, which are being undertaken by white/black/asian/other individuals. 

they are rightly upset with idiots making a point in the wrong way but why is george being addressed as a scumbag criminal yet nobody is using the same term to people on our own forum with convictions or do we have double standards