Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Something needs to be done

It will get worse if (as he has posted on You Tube) Tommy Robinson and his thugs join in to protect the statues and heritage.  I'm not posting a link as I won't support any additional risk of further violence.

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It will get worse if (as he has posted on You Tube) Tommy Robinson and his thugs join in to protect the statues and heritage.  I'm not posting a link as I won't support any additional risk of further violence.

A number of people tried to do that today. However they were moved on by the police, after which Churchill’s statue was defaced. 

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

they are rightly upset with idiots making a point in the wrong way but why is george being addressed as a scumbag criminal yet nobody is using the same term to people on our own forum with convictions or do we have double standards 

seriously,, have you been drinking?  

has anyone here forced their way into a pregnant womans home and pushed a gun into her unborn child demanding cash, drugs, or else, if there is,,, then you're a scumbag criminal too, and I for one hope you get whats coming to you. 

honestly what are you going to dream up next?

1 minute ago, REDINGTON said:

seriously,, have you been drinking?  

has anyone here forced their way into a pregnant womans home and pushed a gun into her unborn child demanding cash, drugs, or else, if there is,,, then you're a scumbag criminal too, and I for one hope you get whats coming to you. 

honestly what are you going to dream up next?

if you can’t reply without being rude please don’t reply we have the answer anyway we are hypocrites! 

2 minutes ago, AVB said:

A number of people tried to do that today. However they were moved on by the police, after which Churchill’s statue was defaced. 

It needs to be done by the Authorities - not either well intentioned peaceful people - or another mob of thugs (as Robinson's will be).  If the Police have insufficient resources to keep the peace, then reinforcements must be brought in. 

Another mob of thugs will just make things worse.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Unfortunately these 'demonstrators' are no doubt from far and wide - will have brought the virus, shared it around - and taken it back far and wide.  One placard read "I don't care about the virus, I don't care about the economy - I care about Black Lives".

We will ALL be shut down again, loads of jobs will be lost ......... and people (including black people) will possibly die.

I of course realise that not all the protestors will be natives of those cities, but if there’s a spike in Bristol for example, then hopefully it will be that city which bears the brunt of a shutdown.
I’m not naive enough to think that will be the case, of course, but I won’t be shut down again. I’ve worked throughout, and will continue to do so. 

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It needs to be done by the Authorities - not either well intentioned peaceful people - or another mob of thugs (as Robinson's will be).  If the Police have insufficient resources to keep the peace, then reinforcements must be brought in. 

Another mob of thugs will just make things worse.

Unfortunately I don’t think the police have any intention of protecting property. The chief Copper in Bristol said that they made the right decision in not stopping the protestors from toppling the statue and would make the same decision again. Unfortunately it sends the message that vandalism is justified in the name of protesting against racism. The same as it is with Extinction Rebellion. 

4 minutes ago, clangerman said:

if you can’t reply without being rude please don’t reply we have the answer anyway we are hypocrites! 

Ahh  bless,  your feigned pseudo  offended victim  act don't wash with me.

the fact is a known violent criminal has been removed from a country many miles from here,  many would say good riddance,, others use it as an excuse to carry out looting, burning, and further violence, all in the criminals name, and fools thousands of miles away are emulating similar in the UK,,,  there should be a test to join the human race. 

1 minute ago, REDINGTON said:

Ahh  bless,  your feigned pseudo  offended victim  act don't wash with me.

the fact is a known violent criminal has been removed from a country many miles from here,  many would say good riddance,, others use it as an excuse to carry out looting, burning, and further violence, all in the criminals name, and fools thousands of miles away are emulating similar in the UK,,,  there should be a test to join the human race. 

obviously you think it’s ok to claim people are drunk best leave you to it thanks 

40 minutes ago, clangerman said:

obviously you think it’s ok to claim people are drunk best leave you to it thanks 

I don't care if you're drunk, misguided , or whatever, you're defending people who earlier tried to set fire to the flags on the (already defaced) Cenotaph, riot cops were needed to defend it. 

It's a monument to our fallen, of all ethnicity, tell me what that has to do with George Floyd, or slavery, or racism? 

Get one person to agree with you that this is 'justified' 

no i had to handle plenty of situations and admit to going over board on occasion at events but i would never kneel on someone’s neck already restrained he was out to hurt the offender and achieved it 

Perhaps you could supply details of those events so that we can judge whether you acted properly. Okay for you to go overboard, but not anyone else. You say you didn't kneel on anyone's neck, but what did you do? 

I saw Priti Patel on television saying that the pulling down of the Colston statue was "disgraceful". Just seeing her re-affirms that she just doesn't "get it" and is as stupid an individual as I'd always thought. Colston's statue in modern Bristol is as offensive and indefensible as statues of Nathan Bedford Forrest in modern day USA. But Colston's statue has gone yet the plinth it stood on remains vacant. I going to crowdfund (and ask Princess Priti for a donation) to replace it with a statue of Idi Amin. Perhaps she'll "get it" then?

Edited by enfieldspares

9 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Really? Idi Amin is still thought of well in Kampala for the improvements made to the city during his Presidency

And you know this how , do you live there, ever been there ?

Or you just literally made that up?

16 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I saw Priti Patel on television saying that the pulling down of the Colston statue was "disgraceful". Just seeing her re-affirms that she just doesn't "get it" and is as stupid an individual as I'd always thought. Colston's statue in modern Bristol is as offensive and indefensible as statues of Nathan Bedford Forrest in modern day USA. But Colston's statue has gone yet the plinth it stood on remains vacant. I going to crowdfund (and ask Princess Priti for a donation) to replace it with a statue of Idi Amin. Perhaps she'll "get it" then?

So what about the Cenotaph? What about Churchill's statue?

Maybe we should just let you and Clangerman decide which monuments can be smashed up?

It would have been great if those pulling over the statue in Bristol had been trapped under it.

Given the way we are living at the moment,  people not working,  kids not at school, the actions of these people today is nothing short of disgusting,  it puts their families at risk, it puts people where they live at risk, it is going to add to the work load of the NHS,  the police who had to be there today have been put at risk.

But you are bleating about a statue of some fella in Bristol??

So what about the Cenotaph? What about Churchill's statue?

That's a totally different thing. The Cenotaph remembers all war dead of all races. I have, or had, they are dead now friends, and family, that either fought alongside Indian troops in North Africa and Italy or officered Nigerian troops in Burma. And Churchill is Churchill. People that deface either are just criminal hooligans. And as for bleating about a statue of some fella in Bristol perhaps you'd best look at the posts that started the topics and others' subsequent replies. Colston is not the Cenotaph and he is not Churchill.

Edited by enfieldspares

54 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Perhaps you could supply details of those events so that we can judge whether you acted properly. Okay for you to go overboard, but not anyone else. You say you didn't kneel on anyone's neck, but what did you do? 

and be judged on here? we already convicted george with no trial despite being DEAD hyped TWELVE arrests out of THOUSANDS on the streets today into a massive NON riot call me slightly picky but i will pass lol 

38 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

I will just leave this here

FB_IMG_1591577364363.jpg

There is a really good movie about the 54th and their disastrous charge of Fort Wagner.  The fort was only able to be attacked from a open sandy beach. The blacks in first to absorb the cannon fire.    

It’s called Glory if you are interested