Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

Guest cookoff013
1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

George Washington owned slaves all his life, I can't see them taking down his statues in America any time soon.

Several other US Presidents owned slaves too

one of the sillyest phrases i`ve ever heard, was a historical fact about a wealthy land owner who gave cambridge university a bell, that was from the profits of slavery.

the university stated it was from "coerced labour"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

The Bristol police made a good call, they showed the violence of the protestors, the vandalism of the protestors whilst keeping restrained. If the police had have reacted how I would have wanted them to react the front pages would have been about police heavy handedness or brutality. The violence of the protestors is counterproductive to their goal. Next protest the protest organisers need to keep control and take responsibility, no violence no vandalism. There is no moral ground over breaking the lockdown, the stupidity of our leaders has ensured that it is morally down to individual discretion.  

Quite agree, but what should happen now is the video footage used to identify all the people causing criminal damage and being prosecuted.

36 minutes ago, clangerman said:

still happening today countless countries have sweat shops full of child labour making products for the west which makes us all slave owners at the end of the day 

Bonkers ! :lol:

Youre a slave owner then ? How hypocritical !

Boycott the products then, and cleanse your soul, next time you pick up a child slave made item, read the label.
If it says 'made by child slaves in a far away sweat shop' - wash at low temperature.

Dont buy it !

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Bonkers ! 

Youre a slave owner then ? How hypocritical !

Boycott the products then, and cleanse your soul, next time you pick up a child slave made item, read the label.
If it says 'made by child slaves in a far away sweat shop' - wash at low temperature.

Dont buy it !

you can’t be a hypocrite when you admit the items come from the exploitation of others hypocrites are the ones who pretend it’s not happening but still buy the items 

you can’t be a hypocrite when you admit the items come from the exploitation of others hypocrites are the ones who pretend it’s not happening but still buy the items 

The prize for most stupid post has a new genuine contender. I never lost faith in clangerman's ability to top his other entries and see off a late challenge. At this rate the Burnley Dave Award can only be heading in one direction. Get ready to take possession of a couple of broken doors of your choice.

10 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

The prize for most stupid post has a new genuine contender. I never lost faith in clangerman's ability to top his other entries and see off a late challenge. At this rate the Burnley Dave Award can only be heading in one direction. Get ready to take possession of a couple of broken doors of your choice.

Is the Burnley Dave award an annual event or only awarded for posts of complete stupidity? 

Burnley Dave is / was such a legend that it seems churlish to restrict his name to an annual event. Posts of special merit could be considered for an ad hoc award.

Tightchoke - I have to reserve judgement - Burnley Dave was a true legend and clangerman has some way to go, although he is making stellar progress.😄

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Ive seen the story in various places, apparently the pope does it occasionally too.

Theyll be asking for reparations for slavery next ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/reparations-slavery-are-only-way-fix-america-s-racial-wealth-ncna1225251

59 minutes ago, Scully said:

😂 And I’ve run out of popcorn! 😭

Pm  your address and I’ll send you some over😊

its expensive as I refuse to use the delivery firm that pays minimum wage for fear of exploiting  them 🤔🤭

and obviously were all going to use black powder now and throw away the nitro cellulose as It’s not pc 🙄

I can see TT having a good day fitting new doors 🚪😂😂

1 minute ago, Old farrier said:

Pm  your address and I’ll send you some over😊

its expensive as I refuse to use the delivery firm that pays minimum wage for fear of exploiting  them 🤔🤭

and obviously were all going to use black powder now and throw away the nitro cellulose as It’s not pc 🙄

I can see TT having a good day fitting new doors 🚪😂😂

😀👍

19 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

I’ve often wondered that if there is an issue of racism within a police force in any country, are the officers racist before joining or does their experiences at work change their views on race and then they become racist?

If theyre white, theyre racist when they join up, or so Ive heard .... its the privilege of being white..apparently . :|

There have been a lot of white slaves, pressed sailors on Royal Naval ships, agricultural workers, even on the plantations where the black slaves worked there were the rednecks, Irish and Scots mostly, who weren't paid but worked for bed and board because they had no option, take it or starve.

Poverty was as much a form of slavery as any other, it wasn't so cushy being white

5 hours ago, henry d said:

How about picking one of these instead; Justin Howell, Sean Monterrosa, Jamel Floyd, Jamar Clark, Philando Castile, Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice, Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Philando Castile, Breonna Taylor or even Ahmaud Arbery?

Well Arbery was killed by neighbors after he was caught breaking into a neighbors house.  He was shot when he attacked the guy who wanted to ask him questions about why he was in his neighbors house.

Eric Garner was breaking the law and fought the police.  

With Michel brown all evidence backs up the police officers account of being on his back with Brown on top of him when he shot. The blood splatter in the car completely ruling out that he standing in the street with his hands up.  And the fact he walked into the store on camera and violently robbed the store 7 minutes earlier shows he was a violent person. 

Tamir rice pointed a BB pistol at a police officer.  Sad tragedy but it’s hard to tell the difference between the a real pistol and a BB gun. 

Travon Martin got caught breaking into cars by a private citizen and the attached the citizen when confronted.  He had a hammer and crow bar in his bag that his family said he “carried for protection”.

Those are some glaring examples I see wrong on the list.  I know one I was upset about was John Crawford.  He was a black man that was holding a BB gun in Walmart.  He was on his phone asking his baby’s momma if he could buy it for their son.   A anti gunner saw it and called the police and said the guy was walking around pointing it at people.  He wasn’t as shown on the store cameras. The police came around the corner and shot him without telling him to drop the gun or nothing.