Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

3 minutes ago, grrclark said:

The point of all this being is that where there is an explosive atmosphere caused by discontent, whether it is real or imagined, then any spark can ignite that.

I agree with you on all points except for the explosive bit.
I just think that its far too easy for the media to create this fake anger that people are feeling, we have become too reliant on being fed our ideas from the media teat.
Ive had friends Ive known for years , who have  never mentioned race or racism, explode in OUTRAGE at watching the video of GF death, then start banging on about slavery like it happened in their lifetime.
Its fake, and in 2 weeks time, they will go back to grumbling about the weather and illegal immigrants.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

I just had a quick look at his book, it seems to have similar principles to complexity theory, but is aimed at the specifics of social contexts, do you know if there are updates of his theses or similar ideas?

I'm afraid I don't 😞

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I agree with you on all points except for the explosive bit.
I just think that its far too easy for the media to create this fake anger that people are feeling, we have become too reliant on being fed our ideas from the media teat.
Ive had friends Ive known for years , who have  never mentioned race or racism, explode in OUTRAGE at watching the video of GF death, then start banging on about slavery like it happened in their lifetime.
Its fake, and in 2 weeks time, they will go back to grumbling about the weather and illegal immigrants.

Undoubtedly there is an element of press fervour that provokes a reaction, this thread is perfect evidence of that, however I also think it is wrong to categorise all the behaviour as a result of provocation by the press.

If you look to the arts that are so often a commentary of a prevailing public mood there is evidence aplenty of discontent.  Anywhere people have an outlet to express feeling, if we care to take a look, there is evidence to understand how people feel.

I'm a million miles away from being close to it, I live in blissful ignorance of so much, but when you are made to take a look, or you choose to, it is there to be seen.

You're also right in that because many are distracted by the big soundbite headlines then it is easy to overlook what is happening, I would suggest that is a very real failing of our government right now.  There are so many very big bonfires that the focus on so much else is lost.

8 minutes ago, henry d said:

No worries, I`ll see if anyone I know has it if not I`ll have to buy it.

I shall see if i can find my copy and will happily mail it to you.

5 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I shall see if i can find my copy and will happily mail it to you.

That`s very kind, I have just asked on faceache and think someone may have it as he just finished his doctorate and I`m pretty sure he will have it or can access it for me, I`ll let you know though.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Go for it :rolleyes:

I may need your help, perhaps my browser is infected with the level of idealist naivety as me but so far all my searches on the subject arrive at the same conclusion - this no-go-zone thing in London is an urban myth propagated by the alt-right (is that also a keyboard stroke by the way?) and mouth breathers (naively, I did not know what a mouth breather was so had to look that up too).

Please enlighten me / us!?

Just now, henry d said:

Here you go No, no-go zones

I actually have a disabled relative who lives in that area. Betting shops, pubs, off licences and plenty of fast food gaffs selling pork. It is a bit rough in places and rather OK in others...

It also covers one of the autonomous zones I referred to previously, oh and Canary Wharf too.

Just now, clangerman said:

who would be dumb enough to believe that is from the police are people blind lol 

As oft said, in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. 

3 hours ago, henry d said:

So 58,319,145 and 4,643,354.6 next year

Just looking at those numbers alone nothing else,  although that's sketchy at best because there aren't just white British,  the Indian fella on QT last night said his son says he's Welsh, so guessing born in Wales to two Indian parents where would he and many many like him come on the ons stats?

Back to the numbers so WB vastly out number The Asian figures you have given, why then do WB feel they are giving things up to please the Asisn minority? Changing things to keep a minority happy?

One simple example would be Halal meat, from the little I've read about the process its unpleasant and not as humane as normal slaughtered animals,  but its allowed to happen.

You've highlighted Ghettos,  so I'm thinking you don't believe they exist? It doesn't matter who or what colour person walks down the street I live on, yes the area is mostly white, but plenty of other nationalities about, while there are certainly areas in Blackburn,  Bolton,  Bradford Manchester Birmingham where I would be the odd person out, and I'm sure I'd be stared at for being there, I'm also sure there are areas all around that I simply don't want to go to but thankfully I don't know where they are.

Now we have other groups, smaller groups who want to take down monuments and statues, despite them representing the VAST majority of the country,  suddenly stirring up trouble from hundreds of years ago as if we the WB are personally responsible.

Name me one country where if the numbers were reversed so WB was the minority now, we would be able to do as we like and expect the VAST majority to change to suit us?

This country is Amazing for many reasons otherwise why would so many other nationalities want to come here, it's just a shame they don't accept the country as they found it.

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Just looking at those numbers alone nothing else,  although that's sketchy at best because there aren't just white British,  the Indian fella on QT last night said his son says he's Welsh, so guessing born in Wales to two Indian parents where would he and many many like him come on the ons stats? Asian British, what is so hard to grasp?

Back to the numbers so WB vastly out number The Asian figures you have given, why then do WB feel they are giving things up to please the Asisn minority? Changing things to keep a minority happy?

One simple example would be Halal meat, from the little I've read about the process its unpleasant and not as humane as normal slaughtered animals,  but its allowed to happen. Some would say shooting a stag through the heart is unpleasant, and I also stick the beasts I shoot, is that unpleasant to you?

You've highlighted Ghettos,  so I'm thinking you don't believe they exist? It doesn't matter who or what colour person walks down the street I live on, yes the area is mostly white, but plenty of other nationalities about, while there are certainly areas in Blackburn,  Bolton,  Bradford Manchester Birmingham where I would be the odd person out, and I'm sure I'd be stared at for being there, I'm also sure there are areas all around that I simply don't want to go to but thankfully I don't know where they are. This, and the post you were sent, shows that you don't realise what a ghetto is.

Now we have other groups, smaller groups who want to take down monuments and statues, despite them representing the VAST majority of the country,  suddenly stirring up trouble from hundreds of years ago as if we the WB are personally responsible. No you, for some strange reason seem to think that.

Name me one country where if the numbers were reversed so WB was the minority now, we would be able to do as we like and expect the VAST majority to change to suit us? You can't get White British in other countries I'm afraid

This country is Amazing for many reasons otherwise why would so many other nationalities want to come here, it's just a shame they don't accept the country as they found it. So when you have a guest over to your place for dinner you don't ask if they have dietary restrictions and expect them to eat what you provide? Not sure you would be a good host.

21 minutes ago, henry d said:

Same old toot has been trotted out for years, still no signs apart from in the mind's of those you mentioned earlier Raja

I did actually see that article and map earlier, basically dismissed it since it covers areas I know pretty well. There are indeed some places where it's a bit sketchy by which I mean parking up and going to eat at a local restaurant can feel a bit weird but there isn't anywhere in that map I wouldn't go.

One such area that springs to mind is just West of London hospital around the Tayyabs restaurant area - it's so "no-go" they allow you to BYOB 🙂 

Certainly nothing like no-go areas for the Police.

56 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Just looking at those numbers alone nothing else,  although that's sketchy at best because there aren't just white British,  the Indian fella on QT last night said his son says he's Welsh, so guessing born in Wales to two Indian parents where would he and many many like him come on the ons stats?

One simple example would be Halal meat, from the little I've read about the process its unpleasant and not as humane as normal slaughtered animals,  but its allowed to happen.

You've highlighted Ghettos,  so I'm thinking you don't believe they exist? It doesn't matter who or what colour person walks down the street I live on, yes the area is mostly white, but plenty of other nationalities about, while there are certainly areas in Blackburn,  Bolton,  Bradford Manchester Birmingham where I would be the odd person out, and I'm sure I'd be stared at for being there, I'm also sure there are areas all around that I simply don't want to go to but thankfully I don't know where they are.

Now we have other groups, smaller groups who want to take down monuments and statues, despite them representing the VAST majority of the country,  suddenly stirring up trouble from hundreds of years ago as if we the WB are personally responsible.

Name me one country where if the numbers were reversed so WB was the minority now, we would be able to do as we like and expect the VAST majority to change to suit us?

This country is Amazing for many reasons otherwise why would so many other nationalities want to come here, it's just a shame they don't accept the country as they found it.

Some years ago I went back to an area of Birmingham and the road I was born in, within ten minutes of me being there I was approached by two Asian lads and one black lad in their 20s, they asked me what I wanted and where I was from, so I told them, they said, well you don’t live here anymore, its our area now and if you don’t want your car trashed get back to your own area and don’t come back, that was 20 years ago, not been back since.

My cousin was a detective sergeant (now deceased) based at
Thornhill Road
police station Handsworth Birmingham, he told me that there were no-go areas in Handsworth.

45 minutes ago, henry d said:

So you can't get WB in other countries,  then they would be immigrants,  I thought you were a clever bloke, which other country could you expect to move to and expect your religious views,  and dietary needs to become mainstream? And yes I realise this didn't happen over night.

Some do say shooting a deer is cruel,  I don't know what sticking a beast means? When it comes to mass slaughter of animal's I believe the most humane method should be used.

Were you to come for dinner you could eat pretty much anything you like, my Vegan brother in law manages fine, vegetarian wife, kids will eat most things or at the least try it, if you had allergies I'd hope you'd tell me. But were you invited I'd likely say we're having a roast dinner or such like, and I'd expect you to say if it was a problem. 

I just expect wouldn't expect others to demand how my food is prepared on religious grounds, unless I was in a foreign country then I would expect to eat what I was given unless it was thoroughly unpleasant. 

15 minutes ago, old'un said:

Some years ago I went back to an area of Birmingham and the road I was born in, within ten minutes of me being there I was approached by two Asian lads and one black lad in their 20s, they asked me what I wanted and where I was from, so I told them, they said, well you don’t live here anymore, its our area now and if you don’t want your car trashed get back to your own area and don’t come back, that was 20 years ago, not been back since.

My cousin was a detective sergeant (now deceased) based at

Thornhill Road

police station Handsworth Birmingham, he told me that there were no-go areas in Handsworth.

That to me is a Ghetto, but Henry says it's not??

There is no such thing as a no-go area for the police. Never has been and never will. 

GingerCat, whilst I support most of what you post, you missed caravan sites. A friend of a lad I shoot with had his motocross bike stolen. He followed the thieves to a caravan site. He phoned the Police whilst he could see his bike being ridden around the site. The Police would not attend. It doesn't apply to all sites, nor all Police Forces, but it does happen.

43 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

There is no such thing as a no-go area for the police. Never has been and never will. 

Why would he lie to me?

This was just after the 1981 riots in Handsworth, they were told not to patrol certain roads in marked police cars or on foot as it may inflame the situation, to me that’s a no-go area.

Edited by old'un

Just now, Gordon R said:

GingerCat, whilst I support most of what you post, you missed caravan sites. A friend of a lad I shoot with had his motocross bike stolen. He followed the thieves to a caravan site. He phoned the Police whilst he could see his bike being ridden around the site. The Police would not attend. It doesn't apply to all sites, nor all Police Forces, but it does happen.

Good point.