Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, KB1 said:

You put a lot more effort in than I could have, I'll give you that👍  I just put a cabbage next to my laptop, painted a face on it and asked it all the same questions………… Not once did it virtue signal or talk twaddle👍🥴

😀👍

38 minutes ago, blackbird said:

If I was on the bench only one place that cop would go straight to the electric chair. 💥💥💥

The police only reluctantly charged him when they were forced to and then only with 3rd degree murder. His judge will be carefully picked as will the jury. No such thing as justice in the US legal system, they don't embrace the concept of sub judice, it will be a massive media circus on a par with the O J Simpson case

Edited by Vince Green

19 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The police only charged him when they were forced to and then only with 3rd degree murder. His judge will be carefully picked as will the jury. 

Yep & he will walk a free man, when that day arrives make sure you are on this side of the pond ( God help the USA)

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Born and bred in London, based on what I picked up in between all the profanity in his speech. Another own goal.

Perhaps naively, I just assumed it was leftover from a previous rally, either way, he hit the back of the net again (his own one).

people like that who mess about with polotics...it dosnt do them any favours............i remember benidict cumberbach was like that early on....i bet his agent gave him a kick up the rear..

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

people like that who mess about with polotics...it dosnt do them any favours............i remember benidict cumberbach was like that early on....i bet his agent gave him a kick up the rear..

Indeed. His speech was convincing but the delivery could be interpreted almost as an attempt to incite civil unrest I feel. Genuine or not, he's a very good actor, that's for sure.

All that said, if I followed it correctly, he cited that there was a counter protest somewhere to side. Now that is strange in my book...

Many times they overcharge them to make the crowds happy.  Then the state has a hard time proving it and the suspect walks.  In this case George Floyd was described on the 911 call as talking out of his head.  When the police arrived they called in medical immediately because they thought he might be overdosing. So even second degree murder is going to be hard to prove.  Had they charged him with a lesser charge it might have stuck. 

Also his wife filed for separation.  He will sign their home and assets over to her to protect them from law suits.  Weird turn of events she is a dark skin gal.  Didn’t see that coming.  She looked like she was from India or Asia.  

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

My ex-missus sent me the link below. The bloke in it presents some thoughtful ideas on this whole story and the context in which to see it. Kept me watching to the end, anyway.

https://ew.com/tv/trevor-noah-george-floyd/?amp=true#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

What does that video have to do with what is going on in London .?????

4 hours ago, Retsdon said:

My ex-missus sent me the link below. The bloke in it presents some thoughtful ideas on this whole story and the context in which to see it. Kept me watching to the end, anyway.

https://ew.com/tv/trevor-noah-george-floyd/?amp=true#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Trevor Noah is a complete knob, he comes from probably the most racist country in the world, yet never attacks it. Comes to America, where he's become a multi millionaire, privileged talking head, and makes a living out of slagging it off. 

And here's another one.. 

FB_IMG_1591256336387.jpg

FB_IMG_1591256304759.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Trevor Noah is a complete knob,

Here we go again. Can't engage with what they're saying so just throw rocks at the messenger. it's shallow as (fill in the blank), and absolutely predictable. I should put a rider on any link I put up -  'just so you know, Bewulf will be along any minute to insult the author'.

You could save the trouble of posting by trying to catch me out....

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

Nothing. But neither do half the posts on this thread. Why pick on me?

2 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Here we go again. Can't engage with what they're saying so just throw rocks at the messenger. it's shallow as (fill in the blank), and absolutely predictable. I should put a rider on any link I put up -  'just so you know, Bewulf will be along any minute to insult the author'.

You could save the trouble of posting by trying to catch me out....

Nothing. But neither do half the posts on this thread. Why pick on me?

Were did I pick on you , you posted something , I replied to your post and asked you a genuine  question , you can not post something in the hope that someone does not reply . This topic is about what is going on in London and I asked you what your post and video had to do with the troubles in London , 

https://www.newschain.uk/news/mps-who-took-part-london-black-lives-matter-protest-urged-self-isolate-11361

By his action " it's just not black lives matter "  it about who he is sitting next to after this event  , why try to undo all the good work the people of this country have been doing staying at home .

The roasting Cummings got , and look what this idiot does .

14 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Why pick on me?

What on earth are you talking about? 

Trevor noahs opinion has no value to ME, if you think he's great that's perfectly fine, at no point did I insult you. 

Stop trying to create conflict. 

There's enough trying to do that already. 

20 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

if you think he's great that's perfectly fine, at no point did I insult you.

I never said you did. You insulted the Noah bloke, who I'd never even heard of until my ex posted the link on our WhatsApp group. But she said it was worth listening to to the end, so I did. And not knowing who he was,  I listened to what he had to say with no preconceived ideas of what I was going to hear. Having heard him out,  I think she was right so I stuck the link up here for anyone else to follow if they wanted to.

And they you pop up and gratuitously call him a knob - probably because you imagine he's saying something you disagree with. If you don't want to listen to what has to say, fine. But why the name calling?

Anyway, never mind. Let's let it go.

3 hours ago, johnphilip said:

I suppose it’s an attempt to show why the incident resonated around the world. You might as well ask what have the protests in London got to do with crime in America.

I think he speaks very well and the societal contract idea is interesting. For what it’s worth, I think that race is a massive straw man. It’s about inequality but socio-economic not racial. Certainly crime figures (in the uk) show minorities are up to six times more likely to be convicted, but that is from a low sample size (minorities after all) so that has to allow for noise.

If race is disregarded, prison ⎌populations show 30 times as many homeless, 50 times as likely to be undereducated and 14 times more likely to have mental disorders. Why pick on race? I guess it’s easy to identity and, as long as you feel a bit of white guilt, you can go home to your nice house in your expensive car thinking about your well paid job and feel good  that “you” are not part of the problem.

14 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

I suppose it’s an attempt to show why the incident resonated around the world. You might as well ask what have the protests in London got to do with crime in America.

I think he speaks very well and the societal contract idea is interesting. For what it’s worth, I think that race is a massive straw man. It’s about inequality but socio-economic not racial. Certainly crime figures (in the uk) show minorities are up to six times more likely to be convicted, but that is from a low sample size (minorities after all) so that has to allow for noise.

If race is disregarded, prison ⎌populations show 30 times as many homeless, 50 times as likely to be undereducated and 14 times more likely to have mental disorders. Why pick on race? I guess it’s easy to identity and, as long as you feel a bit of white guilt, you can go home to your nice house in your expensive car thinking about your well paid job and feel good  that “you” are not part of the problem.

i see you get it I said from the start this is about a bully with a badge 

24 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

Why pick on race?

I think the race thing is particularly sensitive because it's so indiscriminate. When Noah mentioned the Amy Cooper incident, I found the link and watched it. And then I could see where he was coming from. OK, admittedly Cooper doesn't seem the full shilling, but nonetheless what she did demonstrated an automatic and often unspoken hierarchy in (particularly American) society that exists regardless of any other factor. When you say homeless people are discriminated against, or are bullied by the police, that's undeniable too. Even worse for the homeless with mental problems. Just look at the horrific torturing to death of Kelly Thomas, and how the cops were found not guilty of a filmed killing

But I think the difference is that the discrimination stops with the homeless or the mental part. It's not such a blanket thing.  In the Cooper video though, a middle class white woman has a dispute with a middle class black man, and straight away she reaches for a weapon (the police) whom she knows will almost certainly take her side. And what's more, as Noah says, she knows exactly what she's doing. And what she did laid bare everyone's relationship with each other -herself, the police, the birdwatcher - and how it's almost taken for granted within society. I'd never thought of it like that before, and I"d never really  looked at if from that perspective. And why would I? It doesn't negatively affect me. BUT, now that I've had it explained to me I can see how it affects every single black person. No matter if you're middle class, plant stuff in the park, sit on committees for the park, and go about your hobby lawfully, if you come into conflict with a white person of the same socio-economic strata, they can sic the police onto you in a manner that likely endangers your life. And if he hadn't managed to capture the whole thing on video, he's of probably been arrested.

So it's a bit different to homeless people or the mentally ill. It's far broader. I think that's the point he was trying to get across.

11 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

OK,

What have the 'protests' in London got to do with a crime in America?

I’d thought that rhetorical but I suppose they feel that they want to show they “care” and sometimes, for the really big stuff, an emoji on twitter doesn’t quite cut it.