Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I do not run the Forum and you are absolutely correct. You are entitled to your opinion, just like anyone else. What makes you stand out particularly is that you always appear to be wrong. 

I was going to write that you are always wrong, but was mildly concerned that someone might cite one of your posts which made sense.

I nearly spat my tea out…:lol:

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Very good, it's actually believed to be a misquote of something mis-heard 🙂

It is suggested the phrase should be honoured, not blessed and you obviously know the rest 👍

i stand corrected.............

i think i live my life under mis-quotes..........im still hangin in there tho

Edited by ditchman

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Wrong again, I’m afraid! Zapp’s intervention, as all can see, was about unspecified “squabbling” on another thread.......and as far a I know it did not require anyone “to avoid oneanother” or forbid anyone responding/posting on another thread?

Zapp's warning was that members shouldn't let arguments become personal, squabbling is not specific to a topic, and it certainly shouldn't spill over onto other topics elsewhere on the site. We have had enough of member disputes, if you have a dispute with a member because they hold a different opinion, either ignore them or take it to PM. It makes the forum a very unpleasant place if people are followed across topics to raise old disputes. We have already banned one account this week for doing this despite warnings about it.

So I have written this publicly in the hope that those reading it take note. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Given a choice I think I'll take Sheriff Chris Swanson's approach to community Policing - all power to that man!

Don’t think that approach would work with the rioters and looters, although it would be interesting to see him try.

2 hours ago, old'un said:

Don’t think that approach would work with the rioters and looters, although it would be interesting to see him try.

I don't really know the mindset of rioters and looters, since the biggest protest I've ever engaged in is most likely a refereeing decision at a Premier League match, but I suspect many don't leave home with the express intention to riot and loot?

If that's the case then a bit of pre-emptive Policing could possibly work or at least diffuse an escalating decision before it gets out of hand?

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I do not run the Forum and you are absolutely correct. You are entitled to your opinion, just like anyone else. What makes you stand out particularly is that you always appear to be wrong. 

I was going to write that you are always wrong, but was mildly concerned that someone might cite one of your posts which made sense.

appearances can be deceptive it’s easy to pull the wool over the eyes of sheep so my own opinion granted rarely follows the herd i have views on many opinions I hear but i don’t tell people their opinions hold no sense as it’s plain rude manners cost nothing 

54 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

many don't leave home with the express intention to riot and loot?

'Many' is a very vague figure. 

It also admits that 'many' do just that, use any excuse to riot and loot. 

Next time a white person gets killed via police brutality, will we see similar scenes? 

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

'Many' is a very vague figure. 

It also admits that 'many' do just that, use any excuse to riot and loot. 

Next time a white person gets killed via police brutality, will we see similar scenes? 

You are right, perhaps I should have said I suspect they don’t all leave home intent of rioting and looting. 

appearances can be deceptive it’s easy to pull the wool over the eyes of sheep so my own opinion granted rarely follows the herd i have views on many opinions I hear but i don’t tell people their opinions hold no sense as it’s plain rude manners cost nothing 

You insinuate that anyone who doesn't share your rather bizarre views is a sheep. Then you say manners cost nothing. The irony of the junk that you post is clearly lost on you. I will call a halt to our junior debate as you are obviously out of your depth. I wish you well. 

Feel free to continue, but it will confirm my opinion of you. Quit whilst you are behind. 😉

It’s a very complex situation, however America looks to be heading down the South African route of racial harmony. Ive watched the videos of his death a few times and in my eyes it looks like the police officer should be facing trial with the possibility of life sentence/death penalty, whatever the maximum for murder is in the state. Also, every looter should be traced, arrested and prosecuted. When we had riots a few years ago in the UK following the death of drug dealer Mark Dugan the looting started, mindless vandalism and theft - because it was sunny weather. 

56 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

You insinuate that anyone who doesn't share your rather bizarre views is a sheep. Then you say manners cost nothing. The irony of the junk that you post is clearly lost on you. I will call a halt to our junior debate as you are obviously out of your depth. I wish you well. 

Feel free to continue, but it will confirm my opinion of you. Quit whilst you are behind. 😉

you clearly did not understand my reply so i will leave you to your opinion it’s junk without being so rude in return 

On 31/05/2020 at 12:28, clangerman said:

a fat cretin KNEELS on a mans neck for NINE mins as he BEGS for air KILLING him and the anger is the media’s fault? maybe people try watching him DIE and see how angry they feel 

He wasn’t fat.  The cop arrived at the seen,  he called EMS immediately because the suspect seemed in medical distress.  That’s cop lingo for High as ****.  The medical report says he died of heart attack from fentanyl and methamphetamine.  The family hired their own autopsy and found similar results.  They the hired a second one the days he was strangled. But let’s not let the facts get in the way.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

6 hours ago, clangerman said:

officially declared a HOMICIDE or has the medical examiner got his facts wrong i think not! 

Three medical examiners so far, two different opinions on C.O. D. But, it's America and a high profile case so to be expected.