Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

25 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m struggling to understand what it is Spike Lee wants, and come to that, all those who believe they are oppressed because of the colour of their skin. 
We all know the history of how N. America was colonised and indeed Canada, and the ethnic cleansing which entailed, and the slave trade, but what is it that he / they wants? We can’t turn back the clock, and I for one won’t apologise for something any potential ancestor may have done, it’s akin to holding todays German population responsible for the acts of their ancestors. It’s done, and there’s not a lot we can do about it. It’s time to move on and try and sort this out rather than harping on about something we’re all well aware of but can’t change. 
On Instagram yesterday a woman was banging on about how whites should pay back pay for all those blacks who had been employed in nothing more than menial work at poverty rates because of the colour of their skin! Eh?! 

I don't disagree about Spike. The thing is Spike is privileged and would he have his platform if there was no racial distinction? I suspect not.

I am not sure about oppression but I have dated black chics from Africa and spent time with them in the UK, US, France, Africa, Middle East and India - in my experience there is undeniably discrimination directed at them.

What a truly powerful message it would be if the slogan was ALM - All Lives Matter. The trouble is this wouldn't serve the various agendas in play and "people" fall into these traps constantly. Some even go as far as to shoot themselves in the foot at every opportunity.

I have long held the belief that the way out of racial inequality sits in the hands of those affected by it, they need to completely reject the notion of a difference existing, that's the only way real change will be enabled. Pretty much the only way of separating the wheat from the chaff here I reckon... 

29 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

Quite, the world moves on Germany today is not responsible for, or the same as, German in the past. We cannot influence the actions of our ancestors, all we can do is progress and repeat their mistakes. 

Spot on. Lessons identified vs. lessons learnt 👍

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

in my experience there is undeniably discrimination directed at them.

What a truly powerful message it would be if the slogan was ALM - All Lives Matter. The trouble is this wouldn't serve the various agendas in play and "people" fall into these traps constantly. Some even go as far as to shoot themselves in the foot at every opportunity.

I completely agree, and not in the joking way like last time I said I completely agree.

22 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I have long held the belief that the way out of racial inequality sits in the hands of those affected by it, they need to completely reject the notion of a difference existing, that's the only way real change will be enabled. Pretty much the only way of separating the wheat from the chaff here I reckon... 

Agreed, and by giving minorities 'protected' status , there will never be equality.

On the radio this morning, a DJ saying that we need to deal with 'this' once and for all...
"Its no good just not being a racist anymore, you need to be an ANTI  racist, because if youre not with 'us' , you are against 'us'  " :| 
Then he banged on about supporting your local BLM march/demo/riot this week, which I would imagine completely ignores social distancing rules.
This was Capital radio , not some backwater station, I was disgusted.

talking of disgusting i wonder what george’s partner and her six year old daughter make of putting the loss of a few windows before the loss his life now they have nothing maybe some thoughts on georges homicide rather than double glazing would paint us in a better light 

3 hours ago, clangerman said:

talking of disgusting i wonder what george’s partner and her six year old daughter make of putting the loss of a few windows before the loss his life now they have nothing maybe some thoughts on georges homicide rather than double glazing would paint us in a better light 

So it's OK to smash an innocent person's windows (only one of the crimes happening), because an persons life was ended by the police ???

I fail to see your logic or theirs!!!

Two wrongs (or on the rioters part many wrongs), do NOT make a right. Quite the opposite and it drives public opinion against them.

Floyd may have been innocent, but I'm certain the windows are, along with the people who own them!

Edited by Newbie to this

21 minutes ago, clangerman said:

They had NOTHING before he died, as well as all his other kids he never sees.
One kid watched it on TV , and had no idea the man was her father until someone told her.

Facts straight , it was his EX partner, with her 6 year old daughter he left to go and live 2000 miles away from.
Theyll earn far more from his death than what they got from him in life.

Harsh , but true.

18 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

So it's OK to smash an innocent person's windows (only one of the crimes happening), because an persons life was eneded by the police ???

I fail to see your logic or theirs!!!

Two wrongs (or on the rioters part many wrongs), do NOT make a right. Quite the opposite and it drives public opinion against them.

Floyd may have been innocent, but I'm certain the windows are, along with the people who own them!

thanks to his homicide we won’t get to find out if he’s innocent will we windows can be replaced lives cannot as for wrongs there are just as many on both sides 

40 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I completely agree, and not in the joking way like last time I said I completely agree.

This time I believe you 👍

22 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Agreed, and by giving minorities 'protected' status , there will never be equality.

Yep, something needs to give first I guess.

On the radio this morning, a DJ saying that we need to deal with 'this' once and for all...
"Its no good just not being a racist anymore, you need to be an ANTI  racist, because if youre not with 'us' , you are against 'us'  " :| 
Then he banged on about supporting your local BLM march/demo/riot this week, which I would imagine completely ignores social distancing rules.
This was Capital radio , not some backwater station, I was disgusted.

That is pretty shoddy although I assume you are using poetic licence with the word riot? Please tell me he didn't actually say that - if he did he should be inline for the chop?

Just now, Rewulf said:

One kid watched it on TV , and had no idea the man was her father until someone told her.

Facts straight , it was his EX partner, with her 6 year old daughter he left to go and live 2000 miles away from.

Harsh , but true.

Nailed it!

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Harsh , but true.

that is not harsh it is DISGUSTING she is still left with NO father regardless of distance as for earning out of his death i doubt anyone is that low 

Just now, clangerman said:

thanks to his homicide we won’t get to find out if he’s innocent will we windows can be replaced lives cannot as for wrongs there are just as many on both sides 

His innocence or guilt have nothing to do with this. I appreciate that you have an alternative view to many on here, and I can relate to that, but seriously...

Purely on the basis of logic and probability, I suspect there are actually not an equal number of wrongs on each side, that is highly improbable.

Please stop comparing lives to windows.

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

Still don't see your point, so what if windows can be replaced!

point is lives are more important than windows we are not looking very good ignoring his death over a bit of damage 

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

His innocence or guilt have nothing to do with this. I appreciate that you have an alternative view to many on here, and I can relate to that, but seriously...

Purely on the basis of logic and probability, I suspect there are actually not an equal number of wrongs on each side, that is highly improbable.

Please stop comparing lives to windows.

your asking the wrong person raja i’m the one putting his life before the glazing as a major poster any thoughts on the actual cause of this his homicide be interesting to here them 

Just now, clangerman said:

point is lives are more important than windows we are not looking very good ignoring his death over a bit of damage 

How is anyone ignoring his death? Three are sacked and one is being investigated for murder. If we are in “every life is sacred” mode, what about the people dying in the protest (including one police officer)? Or is that ok because they’re not cause of the day.

8 minutes ago, clangerman said:

I'm not ignoring his death, I'm saying what has smashing innocent people's windows got to do with it and how does it help ???

And it's not just a bit of damage now is it.

Woman seriously assaulted for trying to stop 'protesters' from smashing her windows! 

Buildings set alight (by 'protesters') whilst occupied and the 'protesters' try to stop the rescue services responding!

At some point people have to see, that it is no longer protesting, and just lawlessness!!!

Edited by Newbie to this

3 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

How is anyone ignoring his death? Three are sacked and one is being investigated for murder. If we are in “every life is sacred” mode, what about the people dying in the protest (including one police officer)? Or is that ok because they’re not cause of the day.

NOBODY should die that’s the point if we concentrated on his death and the cause instead of everything else it might make a difference 

5 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I'm not ignoring his death, I'm saying what has smashing innocent people's windows got to do with it and how does it help ???

And it's not just a bit of damage now is it.

Woman seriously assaulted for trying to stop 'protesters' from smashing her windows! 

Buildings set alight (by 'protesters') whilst occupied and the 'protesters' try to stop the rescue services responding!

At some point people have to see, that it is no longer protesting, and just lawlessness!!!

i’m glad your not ignoring it as for the lawlessness with trump the dunce threatening people and the police attacks on the public and press it has clearly caused a lot of it 

25 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

That is pretty shoddy although I assume you are using poetic licence with the word riot? Please tell me he didn't actually say that - if he did he should be inline for the chop?

Yes i inserted the riot bit , but I can certainly see some of the demos turning into one.

24 minutes ago, clangerman said:

that is not harsh it is DISGUSTING she is still left with NO father regardless of distance as for earning out of his death i doubt anyone is that low 

She didnt have a father to begin with , and not earning ? , Jesus , youre naive :lol:

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

i’m glad your not ignoring it as for the lawlessness with trump the dunce threatening people and the police attacks on the public and press it has clearly caused a lot of it 

Yep , its ALL Trumps fault , which will be duly pointed out to you at length...

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing, text that says '40 million unemployed. Record homeless.Rioting in the streets. National debt at record $25 trillion.'

23 minutes ago, clangerman said:

NOBODY should die that’s the point if we concentrated on his death and the cause instead of everything else it might make a difference 

I agree. But people do get murdered and that’s why we have the police and legal system. And the murderer will be convicted (I’ll skip the old fashioned trial bit; who needs a legal system when we have Facebook)

1 minute ago, SpringDon said:

I agree. But people do get murdered and that’s why we have the police and legal system. And the murderer will be convicted (I’ll skip the old fashioned trial bit; who needs a legal system when we have Facebook)

what trial the system will make sure the officer is convicted and given a long sentence to appease people which is also wrong 

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Bet you believe its true as well dont you 

if you can’t be civil please move on thank you 

I akin the current lawlessness with the likes of Liam Neeson and his walking around the street looking to get revenge.

Didn't matter that it wasn't going to be the perpetrator, just any male with the same colour skin.

Both are wrong! It's just NOT acceptable, just like the lawlessness that is happening to the innocent people during these riots!!!

34 minutes ago, clangerman said:

I believe his threats are aimed at those causing or inciting violence, not peaceful protesters. Something which I personally agree with.

As for the police attacks, I don't know enough about American law to comment.

640x360_41129P00-XLTKK.jpg

It's amazing how an image can stir such emotions - and be used to manipulate people's thoughts.

Taking this image at face value and relating it to the current situation, I would imagine it would be difficult for anyone not to be slightly moved or taken aback by it.

But anyone that knows the real origin and story behind this pic is aware it has nothing to do with the current headlines but instead represents it's own real life tragedy involving systemic failure.

24 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Yes i inserted the riot bit , but I can certainly see some of the demos turning into one.

I suspect you are right, sadly.

18 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

Now I’m lost?? Are you saying he shouldn’t be punished?

no of coarse he should but he has no chance of a fair trial if he is not jailed the streets will erupt but that is no reason to deny him a fair shout no matter what people think of him