RAAB. Having allowed ONE American to leave UK he now wants to invite 300,000 CHINESE to enter it!

enfieldspares

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some see "utopia" others "dystopia"   I'm thankful to be old, got no kids, or grand kids, no family at all. 

excrement is going to reach critical mass sooner than many believe. 

take a look at "merica"  one criminal gets dead, and all the rest of society burns the place down and gets a new tv. under the red herring of "black lives matter"  usually whipped to a frenzy by outside influences to create political discord. 

society is ******.

large elements of  it are now reverting to primitive feral behaviour and thanks to the current pc snowflake generation, only a few seek to curtail it. every time some kid gets  gunned down by a rival gang, a whole plethora of people start bleating about what a great little innocent fellow he was, but a little research soon reveals another well known drug dealing "gangsta" with a rap sheet longer than the Kray twins.

As soon as the population reaches a certain point the rot and corruption sets in,  the criminal element swells, 

You can discuss and flap your gums on this for as long as you like, but the government will do whatever they feel like doing just as they always have.
They run the country not us, and they run it for themselves, not us.

Edited by REDINGTON

Twenty-three years ago we left Hong Kong! Yet serving men and women of Commonwealth origin who are both still serving and presently living in the UK can't get either residency nor can they get treatment on the NHS without having to pay.

This ridiculous idea of giving admission to the UK is a total and absolute nonsense. I have ALREADY written to my MP today and to Johnson yesterday using the "Contact the Prime Minister" link below. I would urge others to do so.

You can cut and paste what you've written here on PW and I used a cut and paste version of what I wrote, as below, in my thread on the matter when the figures then being floated were 300,000.

But of course I have to apologise it was all just "negative spin". And merely that what "the Guardian prints." I was wrong. It isn't what "the Guardian prints" now is it? It is what Johnson has said. In the Times.

Oh. And it isn't 300,000 but 3,000,000 that is being proposed.

And if Hong Kong does allow them to go and these individuals have no funds? Who will pay to get them here? To feed them? To clothe them?

And if they have no funds to buy or to rent accommodation to house them? Who pays? Many will be of an advanced age that they cannot work. So will require social care no doubt either immediate arrival here or within a few years. Many will be of school age and require school places. Who pays?

Who pays? And for how long?Johnson? Raab? Patel? Or you and I as taxpayers? Many will be of an advanced age that they cannot work. So will require social care no doubt either immediate arrival here or within a few years. And for how long?

" Having had a hugely divisive Brexit referendum with immigration as part of it now this? We left Hong Kong in 1997. A generation ago. And where we not here once in 1972? Uganda? That was but 30,000. is proposing 300,000. Because although they are Chinese they now don't want to be a different sort of Chinese. With it a route to permanent residence."

" The UK can no longer be a lifeboat for people simply to salve the conscience of politicians. Heath in 1972 and Raab now. If the UK had any integrity it'd have given back then in 1997 these in Hong Kong a "one off" on a "use it or lose it" in twelve months window to choose to come to reside in the UK. But not now. Fully twenty-three years after the UK handed Hong Kong back."

" Yet serving men and women of the British Armed Forces Commonwealth origin who are both still serving and presently living in the UK can't get either residency nor can they get treatment on the NHS without having to pay. Or for ex-Gurkhas? Or for those interpreters from Iraq or Afghanistan who risked their lives working for the British Army? No, says Priti Patel, not for them!"

If you take 3 million people in, how would you propose to get them out again if you changed your mind? 

You are evading the point. I don't have to say how it would happen. You said it was irreversible, perhaps you should have said probably impracticable.

• 4 weeks later...
So. Once more "it" has spoken. No consultation and yet "it" backed the leave campaign on, inter alia, taking back control of our borders and reducing immigration. Yet today we hear what?

Here we are back to the offer to 3,000,000 Chinese. Xi Jinping has played Johnson for the fool that Johnson is.

Just when as a result of coronavirus unemployment is predicted to leap to a level not seen since the 1970s and 1980s. And if they've no jobs to come to what then? On benefits, in state or local government funded housing, and where will their dependent children be educated? And who will pay? For this, for their use of the NHS and for every other thing.

Johnson. Last month he was Churchill. Yesterday he was Roosevelt. Today he's what? Moses? Leading the Chosen to the Promised Land? Is there no limit to this man's vanity and foolishness at the expense of Britain's taxpayers? Xi Jinping has at a stroke of a pen with his new law has literally unburdened himself of those he doesn't want in Hong Kong.

To be dumped on the UK by Johnson who has yet again, on the international stage, been made a fool out of at Britain's and British taxpayers' expense 

Edited by enfieldspares

My understanding of the HK situation is that it was leased from the Chinese on a 100 year(sic) lease. No idea what the terms were but I doubt if the Chinese government did it out of the goodness of their hearts.

This being basically a commercial arrangement with China do we have any responsibility to any HK Chinese once the lease expired?

I suggest not

Tin hat on.

37 minutes ago, Sha Bu Le said:

do we have any responsibility to any HK Chinese once the lease expired?

It's not about responsibility. The Brittania Unchained mob wants Britain to be like the 'Asian Tigers'  - Hong Kong, South Korea, etc. It's in the book. - 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-19300051...  Most controversially, they suggest "poor productivity" is due in part to attitudes to work in the UK - which they compare unfavourably with countries such as Singapore, South Korea and Hong Kong.

"Once they enter the workplace, the British are among the worst idlers in the world," they write. "We work among the lowest hours, we retire early and our productivity is poor."

So if your aim is make the country into Hong Kong, what better way to  ginger up the idling locals than by  importing 3 million  hard-grafting Hong Kong Chinese?

It's a no brainer.

9 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

It's not about responsibility. The Brittania Unchained mob wants Britain to be like the 'Asian Tigers'  - Hong Kong, South Korea, etc. It's in the book. - 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-19300051...  Most controversially, they suggest "poor productivity" is due in part to attitudes to work in the UK - which they compare unfavourably with countries such as Singapore, South Korea and Hong Kong.

"Once they enter the workplace, the British are among the worst idlers in the world," they write. "We work among the lowest hours, we retire early and our productivity is poor."

So if your aim is make the country into Hong Kong, what better way to  ginger up the idling locals than by  importing 3 million  hard-grafting Hong Kong Chinese?

It's a no brainer.

But what makes the British workers give poor productivity?

I do hope your not suggesting that it's linked to being of British nationality.

I think that's a very silly view point.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

They are used to the good life, living on borrowed earnings. 

18 minutes ago, oowee said:

They are used to the good life, living on borrowed earnings. 

I just think to tar an entire people from a nation with a blanket statement is small minded and very silly at best.

Some of the hardest working people I've ever met are British, some of the laziest to, people are people no matter where in the world they're from.

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

I just think to tar an entire people from a nation with a blanket statement is small minded and very silly at best.

Some of the hardest working people I've ever met are British, some of the laziest to, people are people no matter where in the world they're from.

Your right of course but i think @Retsdon is refering to the general levels of productivity for UK workers which fall well short of the global competition. At one time I used to help compile the figures and I remember incredulity in the office as we fell behind even Italy for productivity. A big issue has been the lack of modernisation and mechanisation accross the UK which is encouraged by our flexible labour laws. 

I reckon we are generaly a hard working nation. When I look at the hours worked by other countries for the lower standard of living that they get in return I realise how lucky we are. To a large extent we have been protected from full global competition and have lived off the fat of the past.

As we move forward, to a more open and competetive global environment, we should expect to see an increasing gap between the wealthiest and the rest and an ever increasing work rate for a reduced standard of living. 

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

Your right of course but i think @Retsdon is refering to the general levels of productivity for UK workers which fall well short of the global competition. At one time I used to help compile the figures and I remember incredulity in the office as we fell behind even Italy for productivity. A big issue has been the lack of modernisation and mechanisation accross the UK which is encouraged by our flexible labour laws. 

I reckon we are generaly a hard working nation. When I look at the hours worked by other countries for the lower standard of living that they get in return I realise how lucky we are. To a large extent we have been protected from full global competition and have lived off the fat of the past.

As we move forward, to a more open and competetive global environment, we should expect to see an increasing gap between the wealthiest and the rest and an ever increasing work rate for a reduced standard of living. 

That's probably a good analysis, but I'd add we have a workforce completely demoralised by a system that they see not working for them. Despite being one of the richest countries in the world, we have one of the biggest disparity between rich and poor.

I stand by my earlier statement about being a very small minded and silly post.

There is more to this that meets the eye initially.

So we are out of the EU, perhaps the City of London is no longer quite as a desirable financial hub as it once was?   So what is Hong Kong most known for commercially?   Global finance ..so you could say that's got nothing to do with us - well it has, who banks with HSBC or First Direct?   HSBC - Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation. 

I suspect Boris gesture is token defiance to China - suggesting that the UK could provide a new home for the Hong Kong finance industry - which was never in the EU.   It might attract some of the bigger players commercially, and younger citizens but the older generations will likely not want to move.   We'd be daft not to try - especially as our economy is properly stuffed for years to come - all the working tax payers are welcome now.

Edited by Cosmicblue

36 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

There is more to this that meets the eye initially.

So we are out of the EU, perhaps the City of London is no longer quite as a desirable financial hub as it once was?   So what is Hong Kong most known for commercially?   Global finance ..so you could say that's got nothing to do with us - well it has, who banks with HSBC or First Direct?   HSBC - Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation. 

I suspect Boris gesture is token defiance to China - suggesting that the UK could provide a new home for the Hong Kong finance industry - which was never in the EU.   It might attract some of the bigger players commercially, and younger citizens but the older generations will likely not want to move.   We'd be daft not to try - especially as our economy is properly stuffed for years to come - all the working tax payers are welcome now.

You can’t just ‘import’ the HK finance industry to London and expect it to operate as though it is HK! London is successful as a financial centre due to time zone, regulation and expertise. HK is successful due to proximity to China, regulation and expertise. 

On 01/06/2020 at 17:21, Mighty Ruler said:

I’m concerned about overcrowding on our little island but morally we should take them. Perhaps we could have a complete ban on any other migrants for a while?

Agreed we have a moral obligation - and this seems a case where if a lot come, we may have to be more selective from elsewhere.

44 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, from what I have read it will only be Hong Kong citizens with a passport before the 1997 signing back to china, those with yellow passports eg born after 1997 I would guess the Chinese government will try and stop them 

In fact I think the Chinese government will try and stop every one leaving HK to UK if the demonstrations continue, it would not be a Hong Kong I would wish to visit again

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 01/07/2020 at 19:43, 12gauge82 said:

I've nothing against British workers, people in the UK work very hard. I was quoting the authors of Brittania Unchained - Raab, Truscott, Patel, etc, - who called the British the worst idlers in the world - statistically nonsense btw. But they're the people who want to bring 3 million Chinese immigrants in.

Edited by Retsdon

37 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I've nothing against British workers, people in the UK work very hard. I was quoting the authors of Brittania Unchained - Raab, Truscott, Patel, etc, - who called the British the worst idlers in the world - statistically nonsense btw. But they're the people who want to bring 3 million Chinese immigrants in.

Fair enough, the people who made the quote are very silly for saying it. Are all British lazy? Do Mexicans sleep all day? Do all polish people have a tremendous work ethic? I could go on and on, it's just so stupid.

The effect of corona virus on jobs hasn't really hit us yet because the furlough scheme has masked the reality. Already we are starting to see big job losses being announced and some big companies going into administration. That can only get worse.

The financial repercussions will take a very long time to wash through, repossessions bankruptcies divorces unemployment etc. The last thing we need on top of everything else is a refugee crisis.