Minelab Equinox 800 metal detector Wanted

senna916

Minelab Equinox 800 metal detector WANTED

Anyone purchased one and not using it and want to sell it ?

I travel around he country quite a lot so can collect or you cam post

.Minelab Equinox 800 metal detector preferred but will consider others

20 minutes ago, kenholland said:

talking a few  bob there , nice machine , I use a garrett ace 400i , no match on the minelab but it doe's the job I live opposite Warley woods . good luck with your quest.

Thanks, I'm just getting into it, have you found anything good yet ?

empire medal 50 cal bullutt   florin,  Spanish franco  type coin  some coins are readable  but other coins are not, soil conditions differ fertilizers don't help either  , plenty of junk out there , but it's amazing what is out there, once you  are hooked there is no going back .

15 hours ago, kenholland said:

empire medal 50 cal bullutt   florin,  Spanish franco  type coin  some coins are readable  but other coins are not, soil conditions differ fertilizers don't help either  , plenty of junk out there , but it's amazing what is out there, once you  are hooked there is no going back .

Brilliant, I'm looking forward to it.

On 01/06/2020 at 19:40, kenholland said:

talking a few  bob there , nice machine , I use a garrett ace 400i , no match on the minelab but it doe's the job I live opposite Warley woods . good luck with your quest.

I wouldn't play down your Garret - superb machines that take a LOT of beating at any price.

Edited by bruno22rf

On 31/05/2020 at 19:44, senna916 said:

Minelab Equinox 800 metal detector WANTED

Anyone purchased one and not using it and want to sell it ?

I travel around he country quite a lot so can collect or you cam post

.Minelab Equinox 800 metal detector preferred but will consider others

Hello, will this be your first detector ?

2 hours ago, senna916 said:

Yes,

Hello, well unless you understand how these types of detectors work I would suggest start off with a basic one, a single khz switch on and go, I had a minelab safari and setting that up took some time to learn and I have used many detectors, In  fact I just used 1  setting from the pre programmed of 4, what I liked most was multi frequency which the 600 and 800 have, if I was going to start detecting from the beginning now I would look at a nokta simplex or even like mine now a golden mask 1 plus UK,  if you want to know more on the 800 join the UK metal detecting forum and find a chap called Fred, he is an expert with these detectors Google UK MDF , cheers

15 minutes ago, senna916 said:

Thanks for the information, I've been watching YouTube videos for the last month while on lockdown and know it's going to be a learning curve but I think I'll be ok. I've also joined quite a few groups on FB.

OK good luck , there's a 800 for sale on the UK MDF 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper