Adverts yet again

ditchman

ok .........they are all over the forum..........and there is precious little i can do about it.......

there is one ad i find particularly distgusting.......and it is in yer face all the bloody time........large as life stomach churning...(similar to some of my posts some might say)

and that is an advert showing some low life pulling a gobbet of very dirty earwax out of aforsaid ear........anyone else seeing the same bloody ad....its advertising some sort of drill to drill the wax out of your ear.........not nice when you have just had your tea

keep on following the GOOGLE instructions to remove the inapropiate advert......which is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot..........im sick and tired of ads all over the forum...and i dont see why i should put myself out buying or downloading dubios stuff off the net to try and get risd of them.....

i have already made my position clear that i would be prepared to pay a nominal fee/year to prevent this ........which is a moot point as i dont think i will last another year on here as i have run out of get out of jail free cards..............

pictures of earwax make me baff

rant over............

16 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Hi Ditchy

I have been using ADBLOCK for years, never see any ads on any sites, its free, just google it and download to your computer.

atb

7diaw

i did that and it did not work ..............and i cannot get rid of the programme now.....i have gone deep into the system and deleted all relevant stuff...but it is still there like some piggy back virus....

14 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i did that and it did not work ..............and i cannot get rid of the programme now.....i have gone deep into the system and deleted all relevant stuff...but it is still there like some piggy back virus....

Hi Ditchy

deleting the app/program will not remove it from the computer registry, you will need to go into your settings and use the "uninstall" app/program for complete removal.

29 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Hi Ditchy

deleting the app/program will not remove it from the computer registry, you will need to go into your settings and use the "uninstall" app/program for complete removal.

i think i have already done that ....i may be wrong so i will try again ...cheers

d

Totally agree with you Ditchy Sir....absolutely disgusting!  I always eat my meals at the computer desk and mostly read the PW forum...yeh, sad, I know😲.  But just when I'm about to take the first mouthful of my meal.....some fool pulling a tablespoon full of dirty, brown earwax out just puts me off eating..so I turn PW forum off until I'm finished!  

Change your browser for a new one called  "Brave" I have been using it for months , it has built in add blockers and cleans this site up no end. Once installed go into the settings and set it to remove all cookies etc on close in the advanced section. You can import your bookmarks and you are away. 

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, ditchman said:

That "gobbits of ear wax" advert is back again....................that is so disgusting to see first thing in the morning...turns your stomach  

anyone else getting it again ?

I use Firefox and the add-on/plug-in ‘Adblocker’, never see any adverts on here or other sites, what browser are you using?

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SpringDon said:

Oh come on, we’ve all been there. Sometimes you’re relaxing, sipping cocktails, gazing at the sea from the deck of your private yacht and you just sigh and think what’s the point.

Happened to me last week.

not agin surely..................you will make a habit of it

just to change the subjet briefly................got trouble with these damn ads again..............GOOGLE...i poo you not is trying to sell me an Orc..................why the bloody hell do they think i want or need a bloody Orc..........

they are mental:crazy:

Edited by ditchman

9 minutes ago, ditchman said:

not agin surely..................you will make a habit of it

just to change the subjet briefly................got trouble with these damn ads again..............GOOGLE...i poo you not is trying to sell me an Orc..................why the bloody hell do they think i want or need a bloody Orc..........

they are mental:crazy:

Just a suggestion. Adblock.