PARD 019 . External IR

steve_b_wales

You can fit a small rail to the underside using the tripod mount threads.
Then fit something that way, or a friend of mine fitted a rail to the side , but its a bit of a faff.
The on board one zoomed in  is pretty good though.

I did experiment with putting extra IR and a range finder on one , but it became too big and bulky.

Hello, how you getting on with the pard 019 Steve ?, Did you need to get one of those plus lenses ? Mine came with a small weaver add on kit, but never needed to use extra I/R, the on board I/R seems to do 150 yards with the pull ring out to 1/2 3/4 way, a word of caution is the small weaver adapter, I found the stud is to long ?  Look inside the thread hole ? A shorter stud will sit the adapter better on the unit, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, how you getting on with the pard 019 Steve ?, Did you need to get one of those plus lenses ? Mine came with a small weaver add on kit, but never needed to use extra I/R, the on board I/R seems to do 150 yards with the pull ring out to 1/2 3/4 way 

Good afternoon. I haven't had chance to try it out properly yet. I think I may be lucky to get away without using the + lenses. I found, in my box of odds n sods, a small weaver rail with built in screw, and that fitted perfectly on the 019. I haven't tried out the IR yet, as I've just finished a bank of 5 x 14hr night shifts (social care) but hope to try it out soon, even if it's from my back bedroom window. 

11 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Good afternoon. I haven't had chance to try it out properly yet. I think I may be lucky to get away without using the + lenses. I found, in my box of odds n ****, a small weaver rail with built in screw, and that fitted perfectly on the 019. I haven't tried out the IR yet, as I've just finished a bank of 5 x 14hr night shifts (social care) but hope to try it out soon, even if it's from my back bedroom window. 

Hello, that's sounds a long 5 days, OK let us know when you get chance, I would say my best buy lately in night vision, cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got a link for a small picatinny/weaver rail with screw to fit the PARD 019 spotter. I fitted one that I found in my box of bits and pieces, but don't know where I got it from. There's a guy on Facebook asking about it. I can't even find the link I had off Pete Dodsworth regarding this.

12 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Has anyone got a link for a small picatinny/weaver rail with screw to fit the PARD 019 spotter. I fitted one that I found in my box of bits and pieces, but don't know where I got it from. There's a guy on Facebook asking about it. I can't even find the link I had off Pete Dodsworth regarding this.

Hello, try Ant supplies steve 

13 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

This is what I fitted.

P_RAIL.JPG

On 27/06/2020 at 21:06, steve_b_wales said:

Has anyone got a link for a small picatinny/weaver rail with screw to fit the PARD 019 spotter. I fitted one that I found in my box of bits and pieces, but don't know where I got it from. There's a guy on Facebook asking about it. I can't even find the link I had off Pete Dodsworth regarding 

Did you find one Steve ?

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

Did you find one Steve ?

No. I've checked everywhere online and can't find it. As mentioned, I had a small Picatinny rail with screw in my 'box of bits' which luckily for me, was the right size/thread. I may have bought it via Ali Express. I haven't checked them out yet.

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello , my short rail came with the pard unit from Ash at custom rifle scopes, he is still working via emails, my best buy in years steve

To be honest, I haven't tried my 019 out properly yet, and I'm looking forward to using it when out after Foxes etc.