Miroku 6000 problem

JDog

Yesterday my gun double discharged several times. Once I had changed over the selected barrel the problem was eliminated.

Could anyone throw any light on the likely problem and potential cost to put right? I do not want to be sending 58 grams of lead towards too many more pigeons.

19 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

Was it a single and bang or a bang bang very quickly.  Either way I’d get a gunsmith to give it a going over it could be just dirty it could be a lot more.  

Three times in succession both cartridges fired at exactly the same time. 

My son had this same problem with his Miroku MK70 Game. Went into the gunsmiths twice, stripped cleaned, firing pins replaced, sears replaced selector replaced and something else I can't remember. It got so bad he bought another identical gun off here to replace it.

On collection the second time, I test fired it local to the shop and it was ok. First time he fired it same again.

Took it back for third time, dealer came out with us and test fired it, double discharge, then a delayed discharge. Downright dangerous. He took it back to gunsmith who ended up having to skim and polish the new parts to a perfect fit.

He had it for around 6 weeks, it's perfect now. I can't remember all the technical detail but can give you the dealers phone number, he might be able to put you on the right path.

A few thoughts .

1 operator error , not holding firmly enough

2 dirt in action ,this could be a flake of wood 

3 sears not free on there springs due to dried oil or corrosion

4 gun not cocking fully

5 barrel selector not correctly positioned 

6 sears not engaging correctly 

7 Stock loose 

Three specific areas to inspect closely , 1. Inertia block is clean and free to operate fore and aft and side to side . 2. Sear engagement is clean and sharp (unlikely that this is the issue ) 3. Trigger return spring stuck or weak or broken . ( highly likely to be the cause of the problem ).

Strip clean and light lubrication often cures a miriad of problems .

The real answer is a strip and clean by a COMPETENT Gunsmith (hard to find nowadays in our throwaway society )

1 hour ago, Salopian said:

The real answer is a strip and clean by a COMPETENT Gunsmith (hard to find nowadays in our throwaway society )

Yes. With too many "injury lawyers by telephone" the last thing to do with a gun that is faulty (as above described) is do a DIY fix. Have someone do it that has liability insurance to cover repair work.

22 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

If the selector stuck in a sort of inbetween stage it could cause that to happen

Can I suggest a strip and clean as the first approach to a fix.

Sorry to quote my original answer, but please read it properly, where did I suggest trying to fix it without recourse to a COMPETENT Gunsmith?