Hotter than you think out there

walshie

Just got back from taking the dog to the local beach. I was only there about 45 minutes and now my forehead is sunburnt and the tops of my feet where I took my shoes off.  :lol: We'd have stayed longer but as you can see we were getting cut off by the tide. 

Lovely day mind, but it's been scorchio most days since lockdown.

20200601_140053.jpg.214becb29930c463f57d449a2c4830ec.jpg

Edited by walshie

we are fairly lucky here....when its scorchio.........we get a cooling breeze off the river that wafts up the road to here........on those days if i go 1/2 mile to where i shoot......damn its hot and dry........quite unpleasant.....

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Sorry having a Father Ted moment, these are small and those are FAR AWAY!

Gotcha. It was more a picture of our perilous life or death escape from the incoming tide. :)

Walshie

I prefer your location :lol:

I still working in the Covid assessment pod, today it got to 30 degrees inside and I am wearing a full fluid resistant head to toe gown, on top of that disposable single use plastic apron, hair covering, fit tested face mask and full face visor and long arm gloves. I thought it had air con but apparently not, it has the infrastructure for it but no actual air con as it is a mobile temporary unit. Small window in the small assessment room that can only be opened 100ml. I can tell you that I lost about a stone today. ☀️ Too much heat!

Nice weather if you outside though!

Just enjoying  a cold glass of Perry in the garden now.

21 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Walshie

I prefer your location :lol:

I still working in the Covid assessment pod, today it got to 30 degrees inside and I am wearing a full fluid resistant head to toe gown, on top of that disposable single use plastic apron, hair covering, fit tested face mask and full face visor and long arm gloves. I thought it had air con but apparently not, it has the infrastructure for it but no actual air con as it is a mobile temporary unit. Small window in the small assessment room that can only be opened 100ml. I can tell you that I lost about a stone today. ☀️ Too much heat!

For what it’s worth, you have my sincere thanks, utter respect and good wishes. 

29 minutes ago, walshie said:

Goubert?

Yea. Your below the car park? Or near it, think there's a golf course above you. Used to climb down those rocks at night and fish there if it was too rough at mwnt. Everybody used to rave about the **** pipe off the hotel up the road but all i ever got was dog fish. 3inch sand eel, on a good tide was ok there. Very very weedy tho, expect to loose tackle. 

Ah just looked again, your on the point, **** fishing there. Go on half a mile 😂

Edited by strimmer_13

19 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Yea. Your below the car park? Or near it, think there's a golf course above you. Used to climb down those rocks at night and fish there if it was too rough at mwnt. Everybody used to rave about the **** pipe off the hotel up the road but all i ever got was dog fish. 3inch sand eel, on a good tide was ok there. Very very weedy tho, expect to loose tackle. 

Ah just looked again, your on the point, **** fishing there. Go on half a mile 😂

We parked on the beach by the boat club and walked round the corner towards the Island. 

11 minutes ago, walshie said:

We parked on the beach by the boat club and walked round the corner towards the Island. 

Go the other side of the patch, where my pointer is and fish there. The channels there when the tides coming in are lethal for schoolies and flatties. The bass was like watching the salmon in canada, thrashing the surface in 4" of water. Harbour rag, 1-2 oz weight (allow it to move) is some of the best fishing if not the best fishing ive ever done. Think i had 15 out in 30 mins (all put back btw, dont eat fish), and 3 of us used to get 30+ easy. If you start nearer the channel and walk backwards towards the shore, the flatties up to 4lb hang round there. Be careful the tide cuts you off fast and its hard to run in that mud 😂 then its all over in 30 mims as theyve all moved into deeper water. 

Admittedly ive not been in years, between chasing women up and down the coast from fishguard to aberaeron im now stuck in dorset 😢

Screenshot_20200601_200114_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Edited by strimmer_13

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

Go the other side of the patch, where my pointer is and fish there. The channels there when the tides coming in are lethal for schoolies and flatties. The bass was like watching the salmon in canada, thrashing the surface in 4" of water. Harbour rag, 1-2 oz weight (allow it to move) is some of the best fishing if not the best fishing ive ever done. Think i had 15 out in 30 mins (all put back btw, dont eat fish), and 3 of us used to get 30+ easy. If you start nearer the channel and walk backwards towards the shore, the flatties up to 4lb hang round there. Be careful the tide cuts you off fast and its hard to run in that mud 😂 then its all over in 30 mims as theyve all moved into deeper water. 

Admittedly ive not been in years, between chasing women up and down the coast from fishguard to aberaeron im now stuck in dorset 😢

Screenshot_20200601_200114_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

I'll give it a bash soon. i think I know where you mean. Cheers.

Edited by walshie

3 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Walshie

I prefer your location 

Fair play! It’s not any more fun doing CPR in a similar outfit!

7 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

Fair play! It’s not any more fun doing CPR in a similar outfit!

Hi Medic

I hope you are well ppe suited , I take it that you are fully fit tested and suspect you will be undertaking AGP's? I bet it gets hot in the back of the ambulance?

atb and keep safe

7diaw

11 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Hi Medic

I hope you are well ppe suited , I take it that you are fully fit tested and suspect you will be undertaking AGP's? I bet it gets hot in the back of the ambulance?

atb and keep safe

7diaw

We have powered respirator hoods for level 3 ppe as so many people failed the fit testing on the ffp3 masks we had. They would only source one make and the fit wasn’t great. 
in the back of an ambulance isn’t too bad as we now have aircon, but in someone’s garden / sun trap, or conservatory then I’m sweating before I’ve seen the patient!! We’ve been told that we will be getting personal issue respirators soon, so atleast it’s only your own sweat in it each time we put it on!

thankfully in Shropshire we’ve not seen huge numbers of fatalities due to the virus, however I fear we are to peak in the next few weeks just as people are getting out and about. Our peak may even be the start of a second wave. 

Greatest of respect for all of you involved in dealing with this situation ! I `m hoping against hope that the powers that be have not made a great boo boo  easing restrictions  after all that you frontliners have endured ! Thankyou!

10 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

We have powered respirator hoods for level 3 ppe as so many people failed the fit testing on the ffp3 masks we had. They would only source one make and the fit wasn’t great. 
in the back of an ambulance isn’t too bad as we now have aircon, but in someone’s garden / sun trap, or conservatory then I’m sweating before I’ve seen the patient!! We’ve been told that we will be getting personal issue respirators soon, so atleast it’s only your own sweat in it each time we put it on!

thankfully in Shropshire we’ve not seen huge numbers of fatalities due to the virus, however I fear we are to peak in the next few weeks just as people are getting out and about. Our peak may even be the start of a second wave. 

We trialed the 3M Versaflo some time ago and have to say they are really good, comfortable to wear for a few hours, so much better than wearing face masks type respirators, and as you say there is no problem with the fit with the air-fed type.   We have just ordered 1/2 a dozen of the honeywell air visor due to the availability of the 3M.