Hotter than you think out there

walshie

1 minute ago, Medic1281 said:

We have powered respirator hoods for level 3 ppe as so many people failed the fit testing on the ffp3 masks we had. They would only source one make and the fit wasn’t great. 
in the back of an ambulance isn’t too bad as we now have aircon, but in someone’s garden / sun trap, or conservatory then I’m sweating before I’ve seen the patient!! We’ve been told that we will be getting personal issue respirators soon, so atleast it’s only your own sweat in it each time we put it on!

thankfully in Shropshire we’ve not seen huge numbers of fatalities due to the virus, however I fear we are to peak in the next few weeks just as people are getting out and about. Our peak may even be the start of a second wave. 

I agree with the fit testing, the correct mask fit is everything. I failed the first mask and resembled Donald Duck!

Good to hear that you are well suited, and feel for you  in what I may refer to as "not normal times," too an extent are made more difficult in the current pandemic trying to communicate with patients with all that ppe on. 

Unfortunately in Liverpool we have encountered quite a  large mortality rate from CV, around 3 weeks ago we encountered a significant drop in referrals and consequently admissions into secondary care. However, the last week we are starting to see an increase in referrals again, not all as significant as in the first initial phase so some good news and starting to see patients with more chronic co-morbid symptoms post infection rather than mostly acute pneumonia, sepsis, ARDS or PE. We are not de escalating our services any time soon and this is to be expected as we are the  gp community Covid safety net for a huge area in primary care.

As you say only time will tell and I hope things keep settled for you.

atb 👍

37 minutes ago, Dougy said:

We trialed the 3M Versaflo some time ago and have to say they are really good, comfortable to wear for a few hours, so much better than wearing face masks type respirators, and as you say there is no problem with the fit with the air-fed type.   We have just ordered 1/2 a dozen of the honeywell air visor due to the availability of the 3M. 

Them masks sound very comfortable, no cutting into your face and bridge of nose.

2 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Unfortunately in Liverpool we have encountered quite a  large mortality rate from CV, around 3 weeks ago we encountered a significant drop in referrals and consequently admissions into secondary care.

You won't have enjoyed the pictures around southport and Blackpool with everyone out enjoying the sun and sea, hopefully they won't be headed your way!!

8 hours ago, Mice! said:

You won't have enjoyed the pictures around southport and Blackpool with everyone out enjoying the sun and sea, hopefully they won't be headed your way!!

I know a few colleagues who live over the Formby area of Merseyside , a couple said the sheer crowds have been causing chaos with local parking  as apparent unprecedented numbers flock to Formby beach. I have no doubt a few will be headed my way.

Speak soon.

atb 

Good to see social distancing being well orchestrated there. :lol:

I suspect there may be a few less red squirrels at the reserve now, sadly a few may have been flattened beneath the sea of rubber! The national trust are evidently packing them in and will be rubbing their hands at £7.50 a car they will not be turning people away. People have been cooped up for too long and are yearning for some sense of "normality," whatever that is!