Air arms s410 question.

samboy

Hi gang.

I've just borrowed one of the above and when i pull the bolt back the magazine pops out on its own. You have to catch it. This never happened on

my S410, any ideas chaps ?. Also it has an AGS scope on it which seems to have no adjustment on it to make it clearer to see through.

It has a thin ring that turns on the objective lens end of the scope but it seems to do nothing when i turn it to and fro.

There is nothing that moves on the eyeball end except the magnification knob. Any thoughts chaps.

Thanks all.

2 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Is it a ags 3-9x40? I found close up it was useless and blurry. I think the parallax is set for 25yards. You should be able to adjust it, if not it might of been unscrewed too much and either let the gas out or let moisture in? 

3-9x50. Its clearer when i look through it with my glasses on.

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

If your mag is popping out your quickest test is to beg/steal/borrow another one and see if the problem persists.

Just found another mag in the gunslip, put it in the rifle pulled the bolt and it stayed put.

I will have a look at them both tomorrow to see if there's a fault on the other one .

13 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

OK I will reply later on what you can do

OK this is what I have done with my hawke scope, it is a older version of the vantage and fitted on a pcp air rifle, I still had to use glasses with the filter on max, so I tried what the pard 019 needs an added close up lens, this required a 37mm od lens plus 2 which I taped on the rear eye piece and it works well without the need to use glasses , so measure your scope eye piece and check out on eBay, close up lenses. You can buy 2 x / 4 x up to 10 x  I bought some called rise UK from aliexpress cheaper than eBay, try a 2 x close up lens about a fiver, hope this helps

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

OK this is what I have done with my hawke scope, it is a older version of the vantage and fitted on a pcp air rifle, I still had to use glasses with the filter on max, so I tried what the pard 019 needs an added close up lens, this required a 37mm od lens plus 2 which I taped on the rear eye piece and it works well without the need to use glasses , so measure your scope eye piece and check out on eBay, close up lenses. You can buy 2 x / 4 x up to 10 x  I bought some called rise UK from aliexpress cheaper than eBay, try a 2 x close up lens about a fiver, hope this helps

Ok thanks for info i understand what your saying so will give it a try.