Hades 177

Exjacket

Calling all 177 shooters. Has anyone used the Hades 177 10.34gr pellets?  I'm using the JSB 10.34 extremes, as  they work well in my huntsman regal hr and in conjunction with my ATN 4K day / night scope ballistic calculator. I just wounder if the head on the Hades deforms a bit more,  or is it just marketing hype. Would like to know if the are accurate and if they do more damage at the target or are they the same as other pellets.

I know I will get a few comments about it's down to shoot placement that produce a clean kill and that is what I strive for each time. If I'm not happy with the target presented I don't take it. I would rather wait for the better shot and clean kill. I would just like some feed back about the Hades and if it's worth the time and money trying them out.

Cheers Huddy

I asked simular about the 22 not long ago. I found they didnt group as well as my air arms diablos, also found no real head deformation (any more than standard anyway). This is in a sub 12 fx cyclone. 

In the rapid 7 running at 30ftlb they grouped well, but didnt recoved any pellets to see what happens 😅

Ive a nearly a full tin i wish i didnt buy. Id say fast and powerful they are ok, sub 12, not really worth it. 

20 minutes ago, Exjacket said:

Calling all 177 shooters. Has anyone used the Hades 177 10.34gr pellets?  I'm using the JSB 10.34 extremes, as  they work well in my huntsman regal hr and in conjunction with my ATN 4K day / night scope ballistic calculator. I just wounder if the head on the Hades deforms a bit more,  or is it just marketing hype. Would like to know if the are accurate and if they do more damage at the target or are they the same as other pellets.

I know I will get a few comments about it's down to shoot placement that produce a clean kill and that is what I strive for each time. If I'm not happy with the target presented I don't take it. I would rather wait for the better shot and clean kill. I would just like some feed back about the Hades and if it's worth the time and money trying them out.

Cheers Huddy

Do you mean the H&N extremes at 9.57g

Best thing would be get a couple of sample packs,  I'd rather try 50 than 500( but I did buy a tin of heavies and extremes the other week 🙃🙃)

Strimmer hi. Thanks for the reply. I think pellets have come as far as they can to be honest. Introducing gimmicks to the shape of them is just that I think a gimmick. I dare say they suit some and some will say they work well for them. That can be said for any pellet it all depends on what your barrel likes. Ive had a few rifles sub 12ftbl that wouldnt group with JSB but loved Bisley. Think I will stick with the JSB heavies and make sure I improve to the point I can hit a knots ball at 30 yards.

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Do you mean the H&N extremes at 9.57g

Best thing would be get a couple of sample packs,  I'd rather try 50 than 500( but I did buy a tin of heavies and extremes the other week 🙃🙃)

Mice. No mate Hades 10.34 ive looked at and tried the H&N 9.57 but they were a bit inconsistent in my Regal. To be honest I did try them just after I brought the rifle and the lad I got it from wasn't exactly honest about the thing. After running over my chrono it was low on power and I'd tried the 9.57 before I changed the probe seal, so I might try them agin.

41 minutes ago, Exjacket said:

I'm using the JSB 10.34 extremes

I'd read this bit, guessing you meant heavies.

Funnily enough I ran some extremes and heavies today,  9.57 were doing 732fps giving 11.42ft/lbs and heavies were doing 715fps giving 11.82 ft/lbs so not a lot in it.

33 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'd read this bit, guessing you meant heavies.

Funnily enough I ran some extremes and heavies today,  9.57 were doing 732fps giving 11.42ft/lbs and heavies were doing 715fps giving 11.82 ft/lbs so not a lot in it.

I need to get mine serviced I think. My 10.34 ar just giving me 11.1 but to be honest a rabbit can't tell the difference between 11 or 11.5 

10 minutes ago, Exjacket said:

I need to get mine serviced I think. My 10.34 ar just giving me 11.1 but to be honest a rabbit can't tell the difference between 11 or 11.5 

No I'd have been happy anywhere in the 11s, I just got some new batteries and wanted to check.