hushpower 410 carts

peejay

I shoot a Mossy Moderated in 410 and use my own full house loads and occasionally some Fiocchi factory 3 inch....... #7s in my own and #6s in the factory.  I find the modded Mossy cuts the noise of these considerably...takes the BOOM!! out of the shot.  Like a modded 17HMR, yes there is a slight crack and thump from the impact but 150yrds away hardly noticeable.

Tried some heavier loaded Cheddites but couldn't hear any difference. 

When judging noise levels remember that you are right alongside the cartridge going BANG. The trick is to have someone a couple of hundred yards away down wind and also upwind as you fire a couple and see what their judgement is.  I have said on here before how I shot all morning within 100yrds of a farmhouse and on leaving apologised to the farmers wife for the noise and she said she didn't know I was there. That was my standard 19g 3 inch loads through the Moderated Mossy.  I thought they where a bit noisy.

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Maybe the pellet size is more important? In my 20g the magnasonic #7 are next to useless on anything. The magnasonic 30g #5 is excellent out to normal 12g ranges. 

I was using 17 gram 5s out if the 410, out of ten pigeons one was dead ,I put the gun away and have now bought some gamebore 7.5 18 gram sonic ones see how they perform.

I find No.5’s a complete waste of time out of a fourten. You just don’t have enough pellets. 
If you want to produce a pattern with a .410, never use any shot larger than 7’s, especially with a 2 1/2 inch cartridge with only 14 gram max load.

Your 18 gram 7.5’s will be fine.

I use Eley 3 inch magnums in 6 and 7 they are a little bit noisier than the subs but kill very well, I’ve shot plenty of pigeons and corvids with them you won’t be disappointed. Fiocchi are also good a little louder I think that’s due to the plastic wadding and one of the reasons I don’t use them anymore.