Welsh shooters to loose license if they go to England to shoot

21 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

If you have a criminal record you can lose your ticket, that's not making up laws. You have to be of good character

You can't lose your ticket for a fixed penalty offence. Nor does it give you a criminal record. That's like saying anyone with a parking ticket has a criminal record. That's crazy.

Anyway, the headline was that you can lose your ticket just for crossing the border with a gun. Which you can't. It's pure scaremongering.

P.S. Not trying to be argumentative, just giving my opinion. 👍

Edited by walshie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, walshie said:

You can't lose your ticket for a fixed penalty offence. Nor does it give you a criminal record. That's like saying anyone with a parking ticket has a criminal record. That's crazy.

Anyway, the headline was that you can lose your ticket just for crossing the border with a gun. Which you can't. It's pure scaremongering.

This is the way that I look at it - I can go shopping in England, but can't go shooting in England as I live near the border - surely when I am in England I can then do what people in England do - I can go standing in queues with other people but can't go walking in the air in England - it is a bit of a farce really

But what I want to see is a definitive supported statement - the nearest I have found is this - the part in bold which may lead to a criminal record (not sure on it though as you can go to court for a speeding offence)

What are the financial penalties?

The coronavirus regulations include provisions for a fixed penalty notice to be issued for breaches of the regulations, carrying a fine of £60; this is increased to £120 for a second offence and continues to double for repeated offences, up to a maximum of £1,920. If prosecuted, however, a court can impose any fine (it is not limited).

We hope people understand the severity of the situation we are facing and will comply with the regulations, without having to be issued penalties.

Drakeford has got ideas above his station. Treating everyone in Wales like a hostage. I have something very important to do in England in Friday and I'm going whether he likes it or not.  

Edit to add. I'm not one of these "I know my rights" types. I generally agree with the lockdown and I have and will observe social distancing, but I'm not going to be a prisoner in my own home because of someone's vanity project. 

Edited by walshie

1 hour ago, matone said:

The people who allowed all of this devolvement are the real culprits,this is just another symptom  of the confused government caused by the nonsensical division of power which has created another tier of little gods....

Agreed.  And an expensive tier too.

51 minutes ago, walshie said:

Drakeford has got ideas above his station. Treating everyone in Wales like a hostage. I have something very important to do in England in Friday and I'm going whether he likes it or not.  

Edit to add. I'm not one of these "I know my rights" types. I generally agree with the lockdown and I have and will observe social distancing, but I'm not going to be a prisoner in my own home because of someone's vanity project. 

What if they don't let you back in again?

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Who knows, logic has never been very apparent in this whole sorry episode!

True. I've got a 4x4 though so I might night cross the Wye instead of using the bridge. Better take some face camo too. 

Walshie you are dead right about Drakeford he is stupid saying only 5 miles I know people that ride push bikes and are doing about 50 miles a day so why can’t we travel in our motors.

If llyn Brenig opens and this 5 miles is still in i will tax my other car that as welch plates on it I will be of fishing.

Just now, snow white said:

Walshie you are dead right about Drakeford he is stupid saying only 5 miles I know people that ride push bikes and are doing about 50 miles a day so why can’t we travel in our motors.

If llyn Brenig opens and this 5 miles is still in i will tax my other car that as welch plates on it I will be of fishing.

There is literally nothing of note within 5 miles of my house. The local copper even said as much. My truck has Welsh plates so I'll be going fishing soon myself. 

11 minutes ago, walshie said:

There is literally nothing of note within 5 miles of my house. The local copper even said as much. My truck has Welsh plates so I'll be going fishing soon myself. 

All the countries  of the uk should have followed the same rules on the easing the lockdown , in my mind it has been political from day one . They wish to control us they say 5 miles , and in the same breath , to use your own discretion  and stay local , here in Scotland  you can  visit relatives  further than 5 miles . So you could go visit  say your brother . But you could not meet your brother at the golf course  . If it was say 12 miles away . 

6 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

All the countries  of the uk should have followed the same rules on the easing the lockdown , in my mind it has been political from day one . They wish to control us they say 5 miles , and in the same breath , to use your own discretion  and stay local , here in Scotland  you can  visit relatives  further than 5 miles . So you could go visit  say your brother . But you could not meet your brother at the golf course  . If it was say 12 miles away . 

My son works at a golf course. Drakeford said they could open, but only 1 player could play. No-one went, so he changed it to 2.

1 minute ago, snow white said:

It’s like my missis said Johnson shut all the uk down so it should be him that let’s us out not some jumped up ant government **** you have the poisoned dwarf up in Scotland and you have this **** Drakeford in Wales 

I wonder how the law stands actually. there is the law of the land i.e.UK law and this man makes his own amendment to seem important. I'd imagine UK law trumps principality law. 

33 minutes ago, walshie said:

My son works at a golf course. Drakeford said they could open, but only 1 player could play. No-one went, so he changed it to 2.

I wonder how the law stands actually. there is the law of the land i.e.UK law and this man makes his own amendment to seem important. I'd imagine UK law trumps principality law. 

Not for health which has been devolved.You can travel more than 5 miles to shoot in Wales on crop protection or vermin control providing you have documentation from the farmer allowing you to carry out this service.As for our devolved government, least said the better,but never mind elections next year.Without doubt Drakeford and his ministers are openly anti shooting.

He probably plays golf himself that’s where all the funny hand shakes are done.

llyn Brenig is my local trout fisher all though it’s 40 miles away because he as said 5 miles they are saying there is not enough people who will travel to it till he opens distances out they will not open llyn Clywedog as opened and Mach is 14 miles away it as been very busy since Monday