Welsh shooters to loose license if they go to England to shoot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Scotland we still have a 5 mile drive restriction in place for recreation. I'm doing my renewal at the moment and I asked the question if I went clay shooting, it would be at the discretion of the officer who stopped you but if you were reported your renewal process would come to a halt!

She reminded me as a licence holder you agree to uphold the highest standard of the law and you have to cleaner than clean! Even after 36 years! 

It's not a great sign when the Police try to manage by fear of reprisal. I would be happy to see them justify their position in court. South of the border much of the 'must do' rhetoric has been  found wanting and now subject to legal challenge. 

On 20/06/2020 at 20:29, oowee said:

It's not a great sign when the Police try to manage by fear of reprisal. I would be happy to see them justify their position in court. South of the border much of the 'must do' rhetoric has been  found wanting and now subject to legal challenge. 

I have heard that CPS in the Met are not taking forward any cases where people have appealed the fines they have been issued

So we can go shooting in Wales on the 6th July - the same day the country is opened up to the rest of the UK - which will queue up another lockdown for us because where we live trying to get anywhere will mean sitting in traffic jams while everybody is off to their caravan/second home 😞 - it will be worse than any Friday before a bank holiday or the schools closing for half term.

You can shooting in Wales now, providing you are doing crop protection or vermin control.You need a letter signed by the land owner or person in charge of the land.These can be downloaded from the BASC website,there is no restriction on how far you can go.

37 minutes ago, discobob said:

I have heard that CPS in the Met are not taking forward any cases where people have appealed the fines they have been issued

So we can go shooting in Wales on the 6th July - the same day the country is opened up to the rest of the UK - which will queue up another lockdown for us because where we live trying to get anywhere will mean sitting in traffic jams while everybody is off to their caravan/second home 😞 - it will be worse than any Friday before a bank holiday or the schools closing for half term.

The Welsh Gov website says you won't be able to travel between England and Wales till 13th July and even then it's not certain till they make a decision on 9th. Drakeford is determined to ruin the economy as much as he can then go cap in hand to the proper government for a bailout. 

11 minutes ago, greylag said:

You can shooting in Wales now, providing you are doing crop protection or vermin control.You need a letter signed by the land owner or person in charge of the land.These can be downloaded from the BASC website,there is no restriction on how far you can go.

I don't do any protection - not for me although I am not against it at all - just clays

1 minute ago, walshie said:

The Welsh Gov website says you won't be able to travel between England and Wales till 13th July and even then it's not certain till they make a decision on 9th. Drakeford is determined to ruin the economy as much as he can then go cap in hand to the proper government for a bailout. 

Sorry - I got my dates wrong 😞 it is the 13th!! provisionally - I will have to get looking to see what can be used as a begging bowl - it will remind me of the holidays we used to have in Turkey in the 90's - where you saw people having their kids out trying to get money out of the tourists!!!

21 minutes ago, discobob said:

Sorry - I got my dates wrong 😞 it is the 13th!! provisionally - I will have to get looking to see what can be used as a begging bowl - it will remind me of the holidays we used to have in Turkey in the 90's - where you saw people having their kids out trying to get money out of the tourists!!!

They're supposed to be doing away with the 5 mile restriction on 6th, so logically if there's no restriction you can go wherever you want from that date. The guidance is like a child has written it, 

2 hours ago, walshie said:

First minister and the Welsh government are afraid of their own shadows.Quite a few of the decisions are purely political,and as regards shooting, this lot in the Senedd wouldn't worry if  we never started back.They don't worry about the financial difficulties of the companies that rely upon shooting for their livelihoods .Gamekeepers,hotels, restaurants,pubs,clay grounds,the list goes on.They don't give a hoot.

On 23/06/2020 at 13:36, greylag said:

First minister and the Welsh government are afraid of their own shadows.Quite a few of the decisions are purely political,and as regards shooting, this lot in the Senedd wouldn't worry if  we never started back.They don't worry about the financial difficulties of the companies that rely upon shooting for their livelihoods .Gamekeepers,hotels, restaurants,pubs,clay grounds,the list goes on.They don't give a hoot.

I have just found that there is a movement in Wales to get rid of the WA - I was shocked to find out that they are paid for from Council Tax and that Drakeford is on £155k - but his suit looks like it came from the bargain bin at Asda. I am considering joining but appears to be quite right wing 😞

To be honest the Welsh government is determined to do completely opposite to the Westminster government.Drakeford wants his 15minutes of fame.It is just a huge gravy train.The politicians are either on their way up or on there way down.They have devolved education and health and are making a mess of both.Shooting and any wildlife laws are taken by NRW another waste of money.The money this Senedd can  and do waste is eye watering.If they do run a party for the abolition not the Senedd I think they would have surprising following.?

1 hour ago, greylag said:

To be honest the Welsh government is determined to do completely opposite to the Westminster government.Drakeford wants his 15minutes of fame.It is just a huge gravy train.The politicians are either on their way up or on there way down.They have devolved education and health and are making a mess of both.Shooting and any wildlife laws are taken by NRW another waste of money.The money this Senedd can  and do waste is eye watering.If they do run a party for the abolition not the Senedd I think they would have surprising following.?

Strange how they think isn't it? I'd rather not throw my weight around and enjoy a handsome salary than try to bully everyone and possibly not have a job much longer. 

On a side note, I've just got back from doing a few errands and it seems no-one is listening to him anyway. My next door neighbours are just off to London and we went there 3 weeks ago.

24 minutes ago, walshie said:

Strange how they think isn't it? I'd rather not throw my weight around and enjoy a handsome salary than try to bully everyone and possibly not have a job much longer. 

On a side note, I've just got back from doing a few errands and it seems no-one is listening to him anyway. My next door neighbours are just off to London and we went there 3 weeks ago.

Your details have been taken and passed to the Welsh Taliban for them to issue a Fatwah against you 🤣

From what I am seeing around here much the same is happening. I have seen quite a few at places we shouldn't have been 😉

30 minutes ago, discobob said:

Your details have been taken and passed to the Welsh Taliban for them to issue a Fatwah against you 🤣

From what I am seeing around here much the same is happening. I have seen quite a few at places we shouldn't have been 😉

Oh no! Please don't let them send round the PCSO who's hat is too big for him. :lol:

19 hours ago, walshie said:

Oh no! Please don't let them send round the PCSO who's hat is too big for him. :lol:

20 hours ago, walshie said:

Bet you had a few hours on Bournemouth beach and squeezed in a trip to Annfield! 43,000 people have died you numpty🙄

4 hours ago, daisyrob1 said:

Bet you had a few hours on Bournemouth beach and squeezed in a trip to Annfield! 43,000 people have died you numpty🙄

Sorry, who are you? I went to the funeral of a close friend in London. Is that OK with you? Keep your nose out of things you know nothing about. 

5 hours ago, daisyrob1 said:

43,000 people have had Corvid-19 put on their death certificates to be more accurate. I know that there is the "missing" from a difference between previous years buuut I also know what I am being told from friends who work in the NHS and also others who are involved in the undertaker side of things and sometimes 2+2 doesn't equal 4 

Would I go shooting in an open area keeping away from other people the prescribed distance - Yes

Would I go to a Funeral as @walshie did - yes

Would I go to a beach that was ram packed - Nope

Would I go to a celebration at Anfield - Nope

The answer to the last two questions would be the same irrespective of CV-19 :D

I find it amazing that people are allowed to flock to the supermarkets, DIY shops and garden centres in droves where social distancing has long become a thing of the past however we are advised not to travel out of our ‘local area’ so we can indulge in our chosen leisure activity in a wide open space.  

Also what was the point of allowing non essential shops to open whilst telling people not to travel more than 5 miles?, shops are open but very few would be able to get to them if they stick to the advice.

Some operatives lucky enough to still be in work with our company have been sent to Bristol, Weston -super -mare and Reading amongst other places but come the weekend should ‘stay local’, can they not get infected through the week? Does C19 recognise they are working and leave them alone whilst laying in wait for the weekend?. I wouldn’t mind sanctions that made some sort of sense. 

Edited by Trevorevans

And we can’t travel more than 5 miles for another week + 1 day

However, there is a Registered Skeet comp on at SW2000 on the 11th &12th and Faux Degla has a registered Skeet on the 12th. Both are close to the border yet this apparently doesn’t open until the 13th - when Wales will turn into a big traffic jam.

i hope Drakeford is enjoying his massive salary (£155k) while Wales burns