Saw this on the m18 motorway today!

johnnythefox70

1 minute ago, WalkedUp said:

I can see the strap too, they have just put the strap on looped all the way around the panel so tightening it just squashes the panel rather than presses it against the roof bars. 

Maybe, shame there were no police about to catch the idiots.

I had to collect some timber from the local wood yard last weekend and there was a people carrier with 8 sleepers chucked onto their roof bars with two small straps holding them on 🙄. I’d hate to think what would have happened if he needed to stop in a hurry. 

9 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

I'd probably be inclined to send that to the police.

That idiot is a danger to other road users.

Stupid thing to do , take the p , moan , whatever but  ....grass someone up for it ! ...get a life mate ...

1 hour ago, moose man said:

Stupid thing to do , take the p , moan , whatever but  ....grass someone up for it ! ...get a life mate ...

:lol: looks like the driver isn't the only idiot.

He put other road users in danger, he is driving down a motorway with an unsecured load. If that unsecured load was caught by the wind (and it's a fence panel so highly likely) and ripped from their hands, they could have killed someone. Do you think they would have stopped?

100% idiotic behaviour like this needs reporting, this driver needs his licence taking away (if they even have one) for a very long time.

All for the sake of saving the delivery fee, pathetic.

Edited by Newbie to this

10 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

looks like the driver isn't the only idiot.

He put other road users in danger, he is driving down a motorway with an unsecured load. IF.. that unsecured load was caught by the wind (and it's a fence panel so highly likely) and ripped from their hands, they could have killed someone. Do you think they would have stopped?

100% idiotic behaviour like this needs reporting, this driver needs his licence taking away (if they even have one) for a very long time.

All for the sake of saving the delivery fee, pathetic.

I’ve been called worse , never felt the need to grass on someone for a minor infraction , the old bill love you people  ...What he did was stupid , as for IF ...if your aunty had testicles she’d be your uncle ...If never happened ..there’s enough old bill , cameras on every corner , on every overhead gantry without you chiming in ....bet your a right curtain twitcher ...😂

The photo reminded me of my transporting building bits in the mid 70's, but not to the same degree of seriousness. I needed two 9 ft concrete lintels for some work on the house. We had a Triumph Herald. So in two trips from the builders yard I lowered the passenger window and slid the lintel wrapped in an old sheet to rest on the back window ledge. I drove through the streets of Bristol with it protruding from the car and giving near side cars a wide bearth. It worked, but looking back it was a little foolish.

I'll see if I still have the picture on my old lap top ... a couple of years ago my nephew sold a full sized floor standing pub duke box (cd playing type) the guy who bought it came a couple of hundred miles to collect it .

Now the funny / stupid bit he collected it in a vw polo he put it on the roof and held on by winding down the 4 windows and putting ratchet straps over an through the windows meaning the doors couldn't be opened & he had to squeeze in the window to get in (his mrs was going crazy because she couldn't get out).... it took 4 of us to lift it on and the suspension was well compressed ..... but he did put some polythene over it in case it rained on his way home ...

Just to add there was no roof bars / rack just a blanket on the roof .

AND BEFORE THE "WHY DID YOU HELP PUT IT ON THE ROOF " CREW START NIT PICKING my nephew got the guy to sign a disclaimer on the lines of he didn't agree with the way it was being transported and only helped once the buyer understood the blame for transporting in the way it was was 100% the buyer responsibility and it was loaded after he signed it 

Edited by hodge911