Saw this on the m18 motorway today!

johnnythefox70

47 minutes ago, moose man said:

I’ve been called worse , never felt the need to grass on someone for a minor infraction , the old bill love you people  ...What he did was stupid , as for IF ...if your aunty had testicles she’d be your uncle ...If never happened ..there’s enough old bill , cameras on every corner , on every overhead gantry without you chiming in ....bet your a right curtain twitcher ...😂

I've been called worse

You may feel differently when a fence panel comes through your windscreen when driving down a motorway.

The driver is an absolute moron and deserves to have their licence removed, I would be inclined to report them, as the driver's actions would have directly put my life at risk if I was in the car following. Why should I be put at more risk whilst driving on a motorway because some idiot didn't want to pay for delivery!!!

You see it as a minor infraction, I think the police would see it differently, maybe minor on a B road or even an A road but an M road ???

You stick to your warped moral code of I'm not a grass, if it makes you feel better, but don't try to tell others to do the same.

Edited by Newbie to this

31 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I've been called worse

You may feel differently when a fence panel comes through your windscreen when driving down a motorway.

The driver is an absolute moron and deserves to have their licence removed, I would be inclined to report them, as the driver's actions would have directly put my life at risk if I was in the car following. Why should I be put at more risk whilst driving on a motorway because some idiot didn't want to pay for delivery!!!

You see it as a minor infraction, I think the police would see it differently, maybe minor on a B road or even an A road but an M road

You stick to your warped moral code of I'm not a grass, if it make you feel better, but don't try to tell other to do the same.

You honestly think they didn’t get his number ? ...He is a moron and does deserve to loose his licence but my moral code doesn’t run to informing the police after the event ...I’m 68 drove hundreds of thousands of miles and , touch wood , pun intended, I’ve never been hit with a fence panel yet ..

I’m happy with my moral code ..I’m not telling anyone what they should do , just what I wouldn’t do ..

12 minutes ago, moose man said:

You honestly think they didn’t get his number ? ...He is a moron and does deserve to loose his licence but my moral code doesn’t run to informing the police after the event ...I’m 68 drove hundreds of thousands of miles and , touch wood , pun intended, I’ve never been hit with a fence panel yet ..

I’m happy with my moral code ..I’m not telling anyone what they should do , just what I wouldn’t do ..

They probably did get his number plate, so reporting it doesn't really matter then does it, so I don't see your problem with me suggesting that I would be inclined to report it.

I'm glad in your 68 years of driving, you haven't been hit by a fence panel, but just because you haven't, doesn't mean others haven't!

Telling someone to "get a life" is not just saying, I wouldn't do it, it's putting someone down for not complying with your warped 'moral code'.

I use the word "warped", because somehow in your moral code, I come across as worse for suggesting it should be reported, than the person, who put other people's lives at risk, just to save on the delivery fee (last fence panel I had delivered cost £8 from memory)

Edited by Newbie to this

Well I had an oncoming scrap lorry farting down the road with an unsecured load and the wind took a sheet of half inch plywood off it and if it wasn't for some rather spicy footwork and steering I would have had it through the windscreen.....luckily it only smacked into my bonnet and bumper, if it had another couple of feet it would have been catastrophic for me and my father in law. Them ones with the fence panel need reporting and a good kick up the devil's runway

Not being pulled in to the report or not report.

but the touran does have bars with holes for strap to go through if fitted.

To me even two straps One Front and back it i would struggle clarify as safely loaded as nothing along the length of load as this would require cross bars can’t see them

the fact is that he is travelling on a motorway if it become free and hit some on a bike or someone to swerve and cause an accident ..

I believe minimum of 3 fixings working on a principle that the load remains safe if one fails.  

me personally seeing that on the motorway would have had the hammer down and be in front of the numpties.

Agriv8

53 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

They probably did get his number plate, so reporting it doesn't really matter then does it, so I don't see your problem with me suggesting that I would be inclined to report it.

I'm glad in your 68 years of driving, you haven't been hit by a fence panel, but just because you haven't, doesn't mean others haven't!

Telling someone to "get a life" is not just saying, I wouldn't do it, it's putting someone down for not complying with your warped 'moral code'.

I use the word "warped", because somehow in your moral code, I come across as worse for suggesting it should be reported, than the person, who put other people's lives at risk, just to save on the delivery fee (last fence panel I had delivered cost £8 from memory)

Nothing “warped “about my moral code , I don’t see reporting people to the police after the event , where no one got hurt and I wasn’t personally involved ...the guy driving the car was stupid , he deserved to have got nicked , luckily no one got injured but I still wouldn’t  report him to the police on the basis of a photo ..

24 minutes ago, moose man said:

Nothing “warped “about my moral code , I don’t see reporting people to the police after the event , where no one got hurt and I wasn’t personally involved ...the guy driving the car was stupid , he deserved to have got nicked , luckily no one got injured but I still wouldn’t  report him to the police on the basis of a photo ..

And neither would I, it was a suggestion to the person who took the photo.

Edited by Newbie to this

it was a stupid thing to do, but as the original poster i will leave it for someone else to report it (im not saying its right or wrong to bring to the attension of syp).

i was brought up in a tough mining village so its not really in my nature to have any dealings with the Po-po if i can help it, (other than renew my gun licence!).