New to CB radio

Guest cookoff013

Breaker breaker... ya got got your ears on good buddy?

Brother in-law has got a big set up for ham(spelling?) radio, and can also get onto CB frequency but he said CB is pretty quiet to what it used to be in the 80's but he is right out in the sticks so this could affect the CB frequency.

10-10

Mick

ive still got mine a harrier and a tristar 777 sidebander with all the xtra,s in it not used in years,used them a lot when i was truckin,and i chatted with guys all over the world,for long distance u need what is termed skip,,sunspot activity creates it an it bounces the signal off the outer atmosphere so it goes 1000,s of miles.

On 03/06/2020 at 13:53, redial said:

I didn't realise they were still going.

There was also Scanners that were popular for a short time. They picked up cell phones and aircraft crew conversations.

The old mobile phone scanners were great for eavesdropping but you could only pick up one side of the conversation if I recall correctly. However, what you heard sometimes was highly entertaining.

Guest cookoff013

i just cant wait..

my friend is into it in a big way, so its not like i`ll be talking to myself.

there are a few guys locally i have made internet connection with to help my setup, tuning the aerial and whatnot. the groups all setup and chat at certain times.