Barnyard crow shoot

Bright sunshine, a stiff breeze and a job to control some corvids or at least that was the plan. My latest video. Possibly some of my worst shooting but I set out to show it how it is (for myself at least) and bad days happen! Some comical misses but I did manage a few and the rest well some may find it entertaining! Have a watch and let me know your thoughts as always. Apologies in advance for the dodgy camera angle- first time using the new gear and overly eager I didn’t set it up quite right but lesson learnt! 

https://youtu.be/0JB3DsEROkg

1 hour ago, B725 said:

Enjoyed that I should have gone this morning but I couldn't get as I had to go into work plus its not stopped raining.

It does get tricky finding time! I’ve missed many opportunities for work only really just getting back into shooting tbh hopefully you’ll be out fishing them some lead soon mate! Thanks for the comment 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

enjoyed that............i do like to watch people shoot who are not afraid to take a 2nd shot......some good solid first time hits there...:good:

Thank you ditchman years of practice missing with the first has cured any hesitation on the second barrel 😂

1 hour ago, kenholland said:

killstone ever thought about getting an auto, that third shot would come in handy , plus you might shoot a few more knowing that you have not got to rush your second shot at the moment.

I have thought about it but I try to use the one gun for absolutely everything probably me being daft. I do desperately want to change my gun however the one I want is requiring some saving up for (whilst doing the house it only ever seems more distant haha) one day 🙄 thanks for the comment and for watching 

1 hour ago, Cranfield said:

Good video, I enjoyed watching.👍

Don't get too preoccupied with the misses, they happen, sometimes for no good reason.
Its interesting sometimes to check your cartridge to kill ratio , that really ratchets up the paranoia.😀

I'm terrible for checking shots to kills a little too obsessed haha luckily for my mental health I am realistic about my ability otherwise I think id of given up years ago 🤣

• 5 weeks later...
On 06/07/2020 at 11:28, Drummer70 said:

Great video. I love Shotkam footage 👍

It is a nice perspective and they do give a great picture 

14 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

I just hope the OP doesn't do all of this crow shooting in rural Norfolk. Here....cut and pasted from an thread elsewhere on P/W:

082F54D6-E53E-47CF-920C-0C431FAD0E13.jpeg

I can’t see what you’ve cut and pasted mate?!

Tbh I think most regular shooters have probably got a tale or two about having been reported for carrying out perfectly legal and indeed vital pest control. Nowadays any time I think there is any sort of likelihood of a complaint (which with the sorry state the countryside is in with the people that seem to live in it now is more often than not)  I contact the police to log in with them and that stops the daft complaints going any further. So far I have only been received well by the police when I do this and in fact years ago when they’ve been out to me shooting pigeons and crows (armed response units) they were very civil and polite and had no issue with me carrying on. Pity that people have nothing better to do than ring in complaints! 

I was stopped by North Wales Police last year due to a complaint due to noise of gunfire. They came out, I spoke to them explained my set up in terms of arcs of fire and using the hedge behind me to ensure I wasn’t shooting towards the neighbouring houses. I also explained I was there by request of the land owner but would nonetheless pack up and move to another field if they wanted me to. The officers were great and said don’t move, I was perfectly within the law and acting responsibly so crack on. Spoke to the land owner and he was not concerned, said to continue too.