Ordering a Rifle (online)

14 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

I wouldnt put a deposit on a house, then have them put the price up because the market has changed. Just out of pure principle id go elsewhere and hope the rfd learns about the value of its customers. Unless its sportsman, who dont really seem to care

The thing is the RFD has had the same thing done to him by his supplier

I take it, it is not your regular RFD?

I would see what deal you could do with regards to getting the price down towards the original quoted price.

Then decide if you are willing to pay that for the rifle, if you are swallow it, and never use them again.

It comes down to how much your mind is set on that rifle. They are still the cheapest place you can source it after all.

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

Certainly am. Apparently, it was the importer who increased the price, but after the RFD contacted them, they agreed to the original price.

bloody well done boy..:yahoo:bet you are chuffed to hell

One of the issues at the moment is transport. If they are importing the gun it is likely to come over as air freight as it is more secure for weapon transport. As we are all aware there are very few flights and of those flights even less will transport guns so a likely price hike is the freight. We are at the point where it is almost impossible to bring goods in airfreight from certain countries.

17 hours ago, filzee said:

One of the issues at the moment is transport. If they are importing the gun it is likely to come over as air freight as it is more secure for weapon transport. As we are all aware there are very few flights and of those flights even less will transport guns so a likely price hike is the freight. We are at the point where it is almost impossible to bring goods in airfreight from certain countries.

They are receiving the gun from another RFD who imports them. 

On 03/06/2020 at 19:06, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Had the price reduced they wouldn't have said anything!

This. +1. Name and shame. So others avoid this trouble you have had.

Meantime I can sell the OP the exact same rifle for only £1150.

How can I do it so cheap? It's because I've none in stock but when I do I'll simply tell him if he wants one he'll have to now find an extra £200. So, yes, name and shame. Anyone can sell what they haven't got a a bargain price and then, when they have got it and after taking a deposit, ask for more!

What's the name of the merchant...Mark Lester Firearms? 

278e78b1abddd5afed7fab7b51e33231c13de24a452c14af0a46bbf0f2db8a5e.jpg

Edited by enfieldspares

8 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

This. +1. Name and shame. So others avoid this trouble you have had. Meantime I can sell the OP the exact same rifle for only £1150. How can I do it so cheap? It's because I've none in stock but when I do I'll simply tell him if he wants one he'll have to now find an extra £200. So, yes, name and shame. Anyone can sell what they haven't got a a bargain price and then, when they have got it and after taking a deposit, ask for more! What's the name of the place...Oliver Twist Firearms?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PerfumedAbleAustrianpinscher-mobile.mp4

I won't name and shame. According to the RFD, the increase in price was passed on to him, and then me.They haven't got the rifle in stock, it's a package deal put together by the importers. What I'm getting is a Howa 1500 Varmint (.308) Cerakoted, 26" barrel, Oryx chassis, Triton moderator, Nikko Diamond 6-24x56 scope (not going to be used on the rifle) and scope mounts. Price includes RFD transfer. Even if I had paid the extra, it still worked out approx £70 cheaper than other providers.