Fx2000

J88_sykes

Hi

Random question but can you remove the air gauge on the fx2000 and replace it with a blanking (Allen type) screw of the same thread size. Reason I ask I can get a new cylinder for my webley axsor from Fx airguns, but the fx2000 has a hole for fitting of an air gauge, the webley axsor does not have an air gauge hence the reason for the question. I believe it is a M3 size thread. 

Thanks in advance 

Jason

Yes you can. A mate of mine bought an old Webley fx2000 and the gauge was missing and had been replaced with the type of bolt you describe. He was going to get round to replacing the gauge but has got used to the rifle without it and it has suffered no problems.

Not too sure on the thread size but the bolt will need some sort of thread seal / o ring and will need to be tested for leaks after filling.

2 hours ago, aga man said:

Yes you can. A mate of mine bought an old Webley fx2000 and the gauge was missing and had been replaced with the type of bolt you describe. He was going to get round to replacing the gauge but has got used to the rifle without it and it has suffered no problems.

Not too sure on the thread size but the bolt will need some sort of thread seal / o ring and will need to be tested for leaks after filling.

Hi buddy thanks for your reply. 

I thought you would be able to do so I most likely will still require the seal that goes on first if you was fitting the pressure gauge spacer, you would probably want to use some locktite or ptfe. If you could source the right bolt hopefully when fitted it would be counter sunk/smooth with the surface of the cylinder like the bolts that hold the main valve housing or the Front Plug that Holds the Valve Seal when filling the gun. Thanks again 

Regards 

Jason

probably some pfte  and the seal washer you suggest. if the bolt head sticks out a bit perhaps it would be easier to notch out space in the inside of the stock rather than countersinking the cylinder.

My mates had the hole for the gauge anyway so that wasn't a problem.

Good luck.

5 minutes ago, aga man said:

probably some pfte  and the seal washer you suggest. if the bolt head sticks out a bit perhaps it would be easier to notch out space in the inside of the stock rather than countersinking the cylinder.

My mates had the hole for the gauge anyway so that wasn't a problem.

Good luck.

Yea it doesn't matter it it sticks out o wouldn't drill the cylinder it would just be handy if it would do that lol, but it's underneath so it hidden by the stock anyway so could soon make a small indent in the stock to compensate wouldn't need to go all way through so you would not see it. 

6 minutes ago, J88_sykes said:

Yea it doesn't matter it it sticks out o wouldn't drill the cylinder it would just be handy if it would do that lol, but it's underneath so it hidden by the stock anyway so could soon make a small indent in the stock to compensate wouldn't need to go all way through so you would not see it. 

I would ask FX what to do about the hole, I wouldn't use ptfe and loctite.  There is a lot of pressure in that Aluminium tube, probably just the right size screw and thread lock.

24 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I would ask FX what to do about the hole, I wouldn't use ptfe and loctite.  There is a lot of pressure in that Aluminium tube, probably just the right size screw and thread lock.

Hi buddy 

Yea I messaged Fx yesterday about the situation but sometimes you can find out more in for onthe forum here especially if people have done it before if you get what I mean, I can always modify my stock for fitment of a gauge but the stock is like mint condition so don't really want to mess to much with it, maybe I can find a fx2000 stock for sale somewhere lol. Thanks Jason 

3 minutes ago, J88_sykes said:

Hi buddy 

Yea I messaged Fx yesterday about the situation but sometimes you can find out more in for onthe forum here especially if people have done it before if you get what I mean, I can always modify my stock for fitment of a gauge but the stock is like mint condition so don't really want to mess to much with it, maybe I can find a fx2000 stock for sale somewhere lol. Thanks Jason 

No harm in asking,  I'd just hate to think someone put some ptfe on the wrong thread and a bit of loctite from the kitchen draw and expected it to hold 160-180 bar, I would have thought FX could supply the cylinder with the hole blanked and tested?

Just read up about the fx2000. This is nicked from another site 

FYI: story behind the FX/CNC/Logun/Webley/RWS clones..........
posted by Johnny, the swedish airgun enthuiast....

To make a long story short:

Fredrik Axelsson did design the Axor concept, first rifle was the original Axor, at that time sold by Webley, hence the "Webley Axor".

When making the Axor Fredrik was workning with a company named CNC Process AB in Hova, Sweden.

Then there was a argument between him and the companys owner (Kenneth S?der, or to be precise, with Kenneths wife, Mona) and Fredrik quit.

Instead he founded his own company and hired some workers from the old company.

Everything ended up in court.

When things was settled the CNC AB could keep the rights for the Axor trademark together with the original rifle. Fredrik was however granded the right to evolve the Axor concept into his on new design.

This new rifle became the FX2000.

One of the rifles yet not made was the FX Rapier (2-shot), this rifle was concidred as a part of the original Axor so both companys got the right to produce this model.

CNC Process AB, now without designer, sold their part of the settlement to Logun in exchange for the right to be marketed by them. Logun made some changes to the design (the bolt) and began to sell this model as the Logun Axor (and the 2-shot) Gemini.

So today the CNC Process AB makes the Logun Axor and the Logun Gemini, the Logun Mk II is made in Britain and the S-16 made in Slovakia.

Fredriks first company was made PRE-Charge AB but was later on remade into the present FX Airguns AB.

The Logun Company then started to sell some FX-made rifles under their own name becouse the CNC Process AB was not intrested in developing new models.

Today FX have 11 workers and make theise rifles, theise are 'true' FX rifles made in Mariestad:

FX 2000 (aka: FX Tarantula, FX Black Widow, RWS Excalibre, Webley FX2000)
FX Rapier (aka: FX Timberwolf, RWS Rapier)
FX Cyclone (aka: Webley Spectre)
FX Cutlas (aka: Logun Domin8or, FX SuperSwift)
FX Ultimate (aka: Webley Hellfire, RWS Scimitar)
FX Storm
FX Gladiator (aka: Logun Gladi8or)
FX Revolution
FX Xterminator (aka: Logun Dict8or)
FX Typhoon (aka: Logun Solo, FX Tornado)

All rifles ever offerd by FX Airguns AB is still in production, selling well and yet 3 new models are due to be released in the upcomming year.

The Raider was a design that Fredrik sold some of the rights to Webley when RWS wanted to be the only company in the UK selling the Rapier - this rifle is not made by FX Airguns AB.

The AGS Litew8t is made by CNC Process AB by 'leftovers' from the Axor production, based upon the old Axor Carbine (hence the limited edition, parts are running low now).

The only reason i searched it was i thought that maybe a axsor cylinder or another clone might have the same cylinder fixings and you could have swapped. My cyclone just unscrews, although it has a gauge for the reg coming through the stock. 

2 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Just read up about the fx2000. This is nicked from another site 

FYI: story behind the FX/CNC/Logun/Webley/RWS clones..........
posted by Johnny, the swedish airgun enthuiast....

To make a long story short:

Fredrik Axelsson did design the Axor concept, first rifle was the original Axor, at that time sold by Webley, hence the "Webley Axor".

When making the Axor Fredrik was workning with a company named CNC Process AB in Hova, Sweden.

Then there was a argument between him and the companys owner (Kenneth S?der, or to be precise, with Kenneths wife, Mona) and Fredrik quit.

Instead he founded his own company and hired some workers from the old company.

Everything ended up in court.

When things was settled the CNC AB could keep the rights for the Axor trademark together with the original rifle. Fredrik was however granded the right to evolve the Axor concept into his on new design.

This new rifle became the FX2000.

One of the rifles yet not made was the FX Rapier (2-shot), this rifle was concidred as a part of the original Axor so both companys got the right to produce this model.

CNC Process AB, now without designer, sold their part of the settlement to Logun in exchange for the right to be marketed by them. Logun made some changes to the design (the bolt) and began to sell this model as the Logun Axor (and the 2-shot) Gemini.

So today the CNC Process AB makes the Logun Axor and the Logun Gemini, the Logun Mk II is made in Britain and the S-16 made in Slovakia.

Fredriks first company was made PRE-Charge AB but was later on remade into the present FX Airguns AB.

The Logun Company then started to sell some FX-made rifles under their own name becouse the CNC Process AB was not intrested in developing new models.

Today FX have 11 workers and make theise rifles, theise are 'true' FX rifles made in Mariestad:

FX 2000 (aka: FX Tarantula, FX Black Widow, RWS Excalibre, Webley FX2000)
FX Rapier (aka: FX Timberwolf, RWS Rapier)
FX Cyclone (aka: Webley Spectre)
FX Cutlas (aka: Logun Domin8or, FX SuperSwift)
FX Ultimate (aka: Webley Hellfire, RWS Scimitar)
FX Storm
FX Gladiator (aka: Logun Gladi8or)
FX Revolution
FX Xterminator (aka: Logun Dict8or)
FX Typhoon (aka: Logun Solo, FX Tornado)

All rifles ever offerd by FX Airguns AB is still in production, selling well and yet 3 new models are due to be released in the upcomming year.

The Raider was a design that Fredrik sold some of the rights to Webley when RWS wanted to be the only company in the UK selling the Rapier - this rifle is not made by FX Airguns AB.

The AGS Litew8t is made by CNC Process AB by 'leftovers' from the Axor production, based upon the old Axor Carbine (hence the limited edition, parts are running low now).

The only reason i searched it was i thought that maybe a axsor cylinder or another clone might have the same cylinder fixings and you could have swapped. My cyclone just unscrews, although it has a gauge for the reg coming through the stock. 

Strimmer_13

Thanks for this it is very interesting indeed, it may be worth contacting cnc process a they got the rights to keep the original axsor rifle, I imagine they still have the measurements etc to make one, they are still trading under cnc process ab so it's worth a try. Thanks for the info regards Jason