BSA Meteor 70's

Terry225

Good Morning,

I’ve recently found my old BSA Meteor in the loft and I'm in the process of bringing it back to life. After much searching I think I’ve found the serial No. The rifle was bought for me as a Christmas present by my Dad in the early 70’s, but I don’t know the exact year.

The number is TG 26897. Can anyone help me identify the year please.

Also where can I find a replacement back sight or iron sight for this particular version.

Thanks Terry

Memory's of me shooting pigeons off a telegraph pole in the front garden with one of these using marksman pellets and a 4x20 BSA scope on top. 

My dad was well chuffed,they used to eat the early veg tops,  but he always told me to get the pigeons  if they landed the wrong side of the hedge. Unbeknown to me they were racing pigeons that belonged to the chap down the road, apparently he was very well know in the pigeon racing world, he used to have some pretty good ones. 

3 hours ago, Dougy said:

Memory's of me shooting pigeons off a telegraph pole in the front garden with one of these using marksman pellets and a 4x20 BSA scope on top. 

My dad was well chuffed,they used to eat the early veg tops,  but he always told me to get the pigeons  if they landed the wrong side of the hedge. Unbeknown to me they were racing pigeons that belonged to the chap down the road, apparently he was very well know in the pigeon racing world, he used to have some pretty good ones. 

Nobody should be allowed a gun of any sort if they cannot do basic quarry identification.

Tin hat on now, but I really mean it.

Just now, London Best said:

Nobody should be allowed a gun of any sort if they cannot do basic quarry identification.

You have your opinion, 

obviously far higher than anyone else's. (as always)

4 hours ago, London Best said:

He did identify it…it was a pigeon. :whistling:

Edited by old'un

Cant believe i was the only one that was born a baby, not knowing everything,:rolleyes: one that learnt as i grew up and not always the easy way.

I bet the Lord God almighty is worried about his right to the thrown having someone so perfect down here on planet Earth. 

21 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Cant believe i was the only one that was born a baby, not knowing everything,:rolleyes: one that learnt as i grew up and not always the easy way.

I bet the Lord God almighty is worried about his right to the thrown having someone so perfect down here on planet Earth. 

There’s also the safety element of the pellet leaving your boundary, you have committed two illegal acts, hope you declared these when you applied for your tickets, if not I don’t know how you can live with yourself.  :big_boss:

1 minute ago, old'un said:

There’s also the safety element of the pellet leaving your boundary, you have committed two illegal acts, hope you declared these when you applied for your tickets, if not I don’t know how you can live with yourself.  :big_boss:

This was in the days when you could walk down the lane with an air rifle out of a slip, pellets often left the boundaries, but due to the lack of  chimneys it was never a concern. 

:good:

1 minute ago, bruno22rf said:

As mere children I guess we all did things that we, now, are not proud of.

Not all apparently. LOL 

17 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

As mere children I guess we all did things that we, now, are not proud of.

Yep, got my first air rifle when I was 10, it was a Jelly .177, hate to think how many birds I shot off next doors chimney, 1960s different times.

Terry225, sorry for taking it off topic.:blush:

Edited by old'un