Smashed windscree

Scully

On my way to work this morning I spied a bright red comb atop a cockerel in the near side roadside in the middle of nowhere. 
‘Just stay there big lad’ says I, doing around 40mph. Did he? Did he heck! Vertical take off and banked straight into my path. Big Bang, snowing feathers, hazard light flashing! Blinking heck say I.

Anyhow, insurers approved can’t do it til next week, so local garage have arranged for it to be done tomorrow.
Only thing is I can’t knock off hazards....have removed all relevant fuses and even tried the main alarm one, no joy and can’t lock it either. 
Think it may have to go on diagnostics and rebooting. 
Chicken for tea. 🙂

That should be windscreen obviously! 

Edited by Scully

7 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Disconnect the battery.

Yeah, thanks. That was my next port of call but no need now. 
Have just got back from garage and when I fired it up to take it there hazards went out and I can now lock it! So it seems all is back to normal now? 

That sounds to me like it could be some kind of fancy collision sensor response - hazards and inability to lock would be a good idea following a collision. 

I'm wondering if the airbags should have deployed too and are faulty? Worth asking the main dealer service department if that might be the case.

35 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

That sounds to me like it could be some kind of fancy collision sensor response - hazards and inability to lock would be a good idea following a collision. 

I'm wondering if the airbags should have deployed too and are faulty? Worth asking the main dealer service department if that might be the case.

Could be? 

11 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

"Why did the chicken cross the road?" he didn't, he didn't make it! 

Close call that Scully, just goes to show that there is more than one way of turning a chicken into fast food.

😀 It was actually on the other side of the road when I stopped! Dead obviously! 
Great shame really as he was a handsome lad, and everyone is making me feel guilty by asking me whose it was, even the receptionist at the garage!  😳

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Quite the opposite, they likely sensed the impact (deceleration) wasn't severe enough and didn't deploy.  You really don't want them deploying unless you need them.  By all means have the dealer check for logged faults but I'd bet good money everything is ok in the airbag department.

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Chicken for tea. 🙂

Am assuming this is a joke as his innards are now all his 'outards' ? ;-)

1 minute ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Quite the opposite, they likely sensed the impact (deceleration) wasn't severe enough and didn't deploy.  You really don't want them deploying unless you need them.  By all means have the dealer check for logged faults but I'd bet good money everything is ok in the airbag department.

Hadn't considered that - I wonder if there are amounts of deceleration detected - just thoughts on my part.

34 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Am assuming this is a joke as his innards are now all his 'outards' ? 😉

Yes, it was a joke, and no ferrets nowadays, so he’ll no doubt be fox fodder sometime tonight. 

My old car used to do that and every second clown on the road flashing you thinking i didnt know about them and im thumping the switch inside the car , turned out to be a locking problem just had to stop the car lock it open it and start going again