Lidl fishing bag - heads up

Vince Green

17 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I paid £12 for mine, but I think it was from Aldi. I also purchased a spare one, but the way my other one is lasting, it's going to be quite a few years before I'll use it.

I use one I got from Aldi, I think we all bought them

21 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I'm on a self imposed ban of buying anything Made in China for the forseeable future.

You're not alone.

Got a "made in the UK" leather pellet pouch off Flebay which arrived with a "made in China" tag inside.

I demanded (and got) a full refund and the pouch went in the bin (I did tell the seller they could come and collect it - but they never turned up).

Thanks guys EYEFOR and MOSSY835 for the +1. Even though I'm composing this on a laptop that's, yes, Made in China, we are going now and moving onward if at all possible to need, as much as we can, to spend money on stuff Made in UK not only to help people keep jobs but, more to the point, have that money spent by the business owner here in the UK, on suppliers in the UK and on which any tax paid on it gets paid here in the UK. 

Edited by enfieldspares

7 hours ago, Diver One said:

I believe that you can have a Made in GB etc sticker on a product if the LAST significant manufacturing process was carried out here. I am pretty sure this includes 'shoving it in a box'

but I may be mistaken

No you are not mistaken, a friend of mine now retired worked for a shirt manufacturer who extensively advertised their very expensive shirts as British made. The shirts were made abroad and imported without buttons. The buttons were sewn on in this country and that made it legal

Guest cookoff013
16 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

I'm on a self imposed ban of buying anything Made in China for the forseeable future.

i see what you did there.

i doubt you could completely stop buying china stuff. nearly everything is made their.

On 04/06/2020 at 17:38, enfieldspares said:

Me to,it will be difficult concidering the amount of stuff we take in from china,but yes i will be thinking twice before i buy any goods made there.