Shocking shooting in London

Newbie to this

27 minutes ago, fern01 said:

Why?

The area was plaqued with drug gangs linked to the street music scene. Street robberies with knives and violence was the daily norm.

The average was one fatal shooting a month and several tit4tat revenge,non lethal shootings a month. 

I'd be surprised if it has  changed much.

f.

5 hours ago, Fuddster said:

The area was plaqued with drug gangs linked to the street music scene. Street robberies with knives and violence was the daily norm.

The average was one fatal shooting a month and several tit4tat revenge,non lethal shootings a month. 

I'd be surprised if it has  changed much.

f.

Harlesden is an up-and-coming residential area known for its multicultural vibe, with a buzzing dining scene encompassing Caribbean, Brazilian, and Lebanese cuisines. Its busy High Street offers take-out restaurants and international grocery stores, plus the cast-iron Jubilee Clock, a late-19th-century landmark. Colourful flower gardens, an aviary, and a wildlife area can be found at peaceful Roundwood Park.

When I Googled and read some of the news reports I fear the official description above might be slightly optimistic

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

Some how I don't think it was a 9mm, and given mother was shot 8 times she was either the target or knew the shooters.

I suspect a BB gun as none of the adult injuries are life threatening.

That is what I thought but it does say the one shot in the shoulder had the bullet go right through and another witness said they heard several gunshots so looked out of the window.

The type of gun does make a difference but unbelievably callous no matter what.

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

Some how I don't think it was a 9mm, and given mother was shot 8 times she was either the target or knew the shooters.

I suspect a BB gun as none of the adult injuries are life threatening.

Given a 2 year old was shot in the neck and critical its one hell of a bb gun. Never seen a gang member use one yet. Did recover lots of sa pistols though and the odd exotic one. 

Edited by GingerCat