Park lodge

Jacko3275

I’ve booked in for the 10th for an hour in the morning. You pre pay 100 clays per hour at the usual member/non member rate. Max 2 hours at a time. I won’t of been since November so I expect to use 200 cartridges.

Edited by JTaylor91

I saw it was, but don't fancy the pre pay, pre book as my circumstances can change rapidly.

I'll leave it till I can just drop in.

Sunday morning at Sycamore will do me on clays for now. Last two Sundays have been really quiet compared to the crowds I thought would turn up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2020 at 07:40, Centrepin said:

I saw it was, but don't fancy the pre pay, pre book as my circumstances can change rapidly.

I'll leave it till I can just drop in.

Sunday morning at Sycamore will do me on clays for now. Last two Sundays have been really quiet compared to the crowds I thought would turn up.

I though the same about pre-pay, so went to Doveridge instead, which was fun

On 18/06/2020 at 09:47, JTaylor91 said:

Had to move my original booking from the 10th to yesterday which they were fine with. There was only 3 other people there so no queuing and no worrying about sticking to the 1 hour slot.

What do you do about buttoning etc? Just set the delay?

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

I always find the delay takes ages and I'm stood waiting.

I prefer to press as normal, it speeds me up, no waiting, less thinking and more action. 

That's just me and I'm sure you'll get your own take on it after 1 stand.

I usually press the delay while I’m putting my cartridges in.

19 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

I always find the delay takes ages and I'm stood waiting.

I prefer to press as normal, it speeds me up, no waiting, less thinking and more action. 

That's just me and I'm sure you'll get your own take on it after 1 stand.

I've not used the delay TBH. I liked the foot pedals at Doveridge last week, solved both issues :D

It’s teaching you what a properly mounted gun should feel like when shouldered and shot. I’ve seen some pretty nasty bruising on full grown men when they’ve mismounted a 12 bore, men who have shot for years. You have to give people some confidence. 

You don’r teach a child to ride a bike by just giving them a bike. Pre-mounting is the stabiliser that helps new shots learn. 

9 minutes ago, London Best said:

Mount when you see the target. You don’t have a pre-mounted gun when a quarry appears.

But I’m not shooting quarry so do you sit at the stand with the gun a cross your lap  pouring a cup of coffee a some stands 

3 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

But I’m not shooting quarry so do you sit at the stand with the gun a cross your lap  pouring a cup of coffee a some stands 

Sporting videos, on the peas again?

My point is that pre mounting does not help your live shooting.

Edited by London Best

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I fail to see how having a pre-mounted gun is learning to shoot. It is teaching you to hit a target and kidding yourself you can then shoot.

Dont say things like that you`ll upset a lot of new clay shots who have been taught nothing else and in many cases paid a fair bit of cash  for it!!

Totally agree with your point of view ,it`s a disgrace to shooting.