Trail cam????

tweedledee

I bought a Campark one from Amazon last year for around £40. It takes surprisingly clear pictures and video in the day and at night. The built in screen isn't the best, but can easily be hooked up to a laptop to view. You need an external memory card though, and it can't half eat the memory if you have a lot of activity.

Mines been outside throughout the winter with no issues (apart from the bracket showing signs of rust) and had some great pictures of mice, rats, squirrels, hedgehogs, songbirds, redkites, the dog, and the missus hanging out the washing.

Have read a few reviews about trail cams and a few posts on PW about them, I went for the Campark camera, I have not used it yet as I only got it this Saturday, it’s the T85 wifi model, I managed to get it for £60 on ebay from toguard-direct, they have another one running on ebay…https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WiFi-20MP-Trail-Camera-Campark-Bluetooth-1296P-No-Glow-IR-Game-Wild-Hunting-Cam/184315868052?hash=item2aea14f394:g:EW8AAOSwMBVew4vc

Campark trailcams seem to get good reviews and I think it was walker570 who posted a few picture he had captured on his campark T40 and I was impressed with the picture quilty…https://www.campark.net/collections/frontpage

A point raised by LeedsZeppelin about memory, some cameras only have a maximum memory slot of 32gb, the T85 will take up-to 128gb card.

Edited by old'un

I wouldn't worry too much about the memory.  Even taking fairly high resolution 18mp pics, a 32gb card will hold about 5000 pics. Thing I don't like about the chinese cams is they take micro SD cards which can be a faff with cold wet fingers. 

I recently had a bad experience with a chinese camera, but I think I was unlucky as a lot of the lads have had no problems. 

I looked at the campark, and then an apeman I believe it was, apeman was a little bit more money so stupidly thinking it would be better I went for that.

No matter what we did with it, it wouldn't work. Took a bit of time actually getting through to anyone through Amazon but did get a refund in the end.

Definitely going to take another look at the campark one.

I have had three CamParks now for over two years and they are in constant use. Yes, the mini cards are a pain to put in and take out  at any time and drop them in the grass...

####!!!!###!!!!!!!!!!####  ................  The last CamPark I purchased had the big memory card which is much better.   I can only report on the results, they have been amazing for the price and picture quality day and night is excllent.

285.JPG

372.JPG

009.JPG

24 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I have had three CamParks now for over two years and they are in constant use. Yes, the mini cards are a pain to put in and take out  at any time and drop them in the grass...

####!!!!###!!!!!!!!!!####  ................  The last CamPark I purchased had the big memory card which is much better.   I can only report on the results, they have been amazing for the price and picture quality day and night is excllent.

285.JPG

372.JPG

009.JPG

Kicking myself for not buying one now, the pictures look really good.