Choke I.D. ?

Velocette

That looks like it might belong to an old Breda semi auto’ shotgun. I owned one many years ago and liked the system. Just screw on rather than in the choke of your choice, remove it and you had cylinder. I can’t understand why the system isn’t still used today, makes perfect sense to me. 

26 minutes ago, BlaserF3 said:

It has Franchi written on the box 😀 

The very first auto I shot was a KFC fitted with external chokes like this.

Sharp eyes there !!. Its certainly an odd looking beast and now I need to find someone who wants it.

Guest cookoff013
1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

I was going to say the same.To give a UK legal length barrel I think?

Yeah i think too. It was welded on

47 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

and very good they were too.

Yes, mine was a 1966 Venom Clubman with the semi-close ratio gearbox and the correct reversed gearlever. I rode it all over the place,,raced it at Cadwell and Scarborough for several seasons, ran at Esholt and Elvington sprints. Where are you now LWX 13D ? 

14 minutes ago, Velocette said:

Yes, mine was a 1966 Venom Clubman with the semi-close ratio gearbox and the correct reversed gearlever. I rode it all over the place,,raced it at Cadwell and Scarborough for several seasons, ran at Esholt and Elvington sprints. Where are you now LWX 13D ? 

I always used to get mixed up with venom and viper. I know one was 350 t,other 500 but could never remember which. Classy looking bikes though.

Mine was a 1959 Venom, I bought it off a mate in 1968 for £30, GEC 227, nice bike to ride but the chain case was a pain to keep oil in.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ga=2.129041102.396586021.1591646070-1835468876.1591646070

This is your Clubman but it's not showing as being insured.

My old reg is on a Mazda now.

41 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

I always used to get mixed up with venom and viper. I know one was 350 t,other 500 but could never remember which. Classy looking bikes though.

Viper was the 350, Venom the 500.

Edited by BlaserF3