Walked up grouse

Any interest in walked up grouse , Inverness area . £150 per gun max 3 guns ...... plenty of grouse around ....... bag won’t be massive but should get  a decent day out ( weather permitting ) and a few grouse . DM for more details . Keeper going to have a walk in 2/3 weeks to confirm numbers 

if you want to shoot grouse  and watch dogs work / German pointers /red setters /English pointers  etc     don't hold back on this  its an experience you wont forget  as they all work different  my favourite the Irish setter its a bit like a sheep dog squats down and floats through the heather rather than thrashing about and freeze      for this money  don't waste a chance of a shot not to mention a landscape only seen by a few    travel light    / bring food and a drink /  a camera   mobile phones are not appreciated by keepers   start now for fitness no amount of gym will be enough  if physical work for a living  you have a chance    and book two days off work after to recover after the hill   some of the most referable shooting I have had  do not waste an opportunity like this  I would be there if I could 

11 hours ago, Salmo said:

Any interest in walked up grouse , Inverness area . £150 per gun max 3 guns ...... plenty of grouse around ....... bag won’t be massive but should get  a decent day out ( weather permitting ) and a few grouse . DM for more details . Keeper going to have a walk in 2/3 weeks to confirm numbers 

When are the shoot dates? If I could tie up with my trip up north then I would be keen. 

It’s 1100 acres and there are plenty grouse ( or were last season ) the boy is going out to check numbers in a few weeks to check if it’s worth while . Every weekend is almost available but he’s only shooting it twice . But fitness is paramount it’s hard going . If you have dogs do much the better you would be welcome infact encouraged to bring them . I went out for a few hours last year and we shot 3 brace but had plenty chances but I was too knackered to be interested........ I’ll keep you informed if it’s a goer 

9 minutes ago, Salmo said:

It’s 1100 acres and there are plenty grouse ( or were last season ) the boy is going out to check numbers in a few weeks to check if it’s worth while . Every weekend is almost available but he’s only shooting it twice . But fitness is paramount it’s hard going . If you have dogs do much the better you would be welcome infact encouraged to bring them . I went out for a few hours last year and we shot 3 brace but had plenty chances but I was too knackered to be interested........ I’ll keep you informed if it’s a goer 

The number of Grouse last season may not be an indication as to the number of birds this year. 

JDog that why he’s having a recce to make sure ..... he’s the only one that shoots it but he’s selling 2 days to pay the rent . He’s very thorough and if he goes out and doesn’t think the guns could get at least 4/5 goes then he won’t do it 

3 hours ago, Salmo said:

I have dogs that are used to working the Moor, ideal. Fingers & toes crossed. 

He's early out scouting for birds the now.

Most Scottish keepers won't do summer counts/ ***** numbers until August really, seen some not confirming dates until mid Aug and don't start till Sept. Still an awful lot could go wrong weather wise.

I imagine it should be a good season for them thou if it carries on like the with no severe rain storms.

Sounds a cracking deal thou.

Quick update , boy went out for a quick walk and there are a few birds about . The weather was less than ideal . He’s going out again and I’ll update as soon as he’s confident and we can agree dates as I said there’s a few about but unless it’s going to be decent then he won’t do it . As it stands there are no B and B opening anytime soon but we do have about 8 weeks yet anyway ..... I’ll keep you informed 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2020 at 20:44, Salmo said:

Hi  Salmo... I am very interested ...pm sent.

Just a quick update , my son is on north uist ( work ) and heads to Stornaway tomorrow . He’s away for a few days then going for a recce . I’ll have an answer and dates by Thursday next week . Sorry about the delay but I’ll have a definite on Thursday . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2020 at 05:18, Saltings said:

if you want to shoot grouse  and watch dogs work / German pointers /red setters /English pointers  etc     don't hold back on this  its an experience you wont forget  as they all work different  my favourite the Irish setter its a bit like a sheep dog squats down and floats through the heather rather than thrashing about and freeze      for this money  don't waste a chance of a shot not to mention a landscape only seen by a few    travel light    / bring food and a drink /  a camera   mobile phones are not appreciated by keepers   start now for fitness no amount of gym will be enough  if physical work for a living  you have a chance    and book two days off work after to recover after the hill   some of the most referable shooting I have had  do not waste an opportunity like this  I would be there if I could 

Awesome way to shoot grouse. Unfortunately my old legs will not cope these days but I have had some great days on the hills at Lowther around Shap.

Not a bad thing weather a bit cooler, no midges and birds will be far stronger fliers.

Plus any late broods will be up and flying strongly too.

A great opportunity for folk as it is a fantastic experience being on the hill, and I'd say more so in Scotland as scenery a wee bit better althou most likely steeper and most likely birds thinner on ground so u remember every shot/bird ( but I am biased 😀 )

My tip if u hope to go would be get ur push bike out now the fitter u are the more u will fully enjoy it, not as much fun when blowing out ur rear end