Modafinale

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I flicked over to watch a bit of the qualifying, but it seemed to be about Hamilton and other black sportsmen, so I didn’t watch it. 

im afraid to say i did the same..........im getting to the stage where im totally fed up with this BLM stuff......im not a racist and i dont like being made to feel responsible for what has happened because of the colour of my skin and my history........the more this goes on the wider the devide will become

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

I flicked over to watch a bit of the qualifying, but it seemed to be about Hamilton and other black sportsmen, so I didn’t watch it. 

As did I. My problem is that it's full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. There is racism in the country and  In some areas and institutions it's it is entrenched (but probably not institutionalised), but these publicity grabbing displays don't result in genuine social change. It's already starting to blow over without anything substantive or useful being done. There's a government report and assessment being compiled on race and equality, which is due out in December, but that won't say anything useful, and we'll all sing along like before.  

Sadly, if anything at all, I think there's going to be a move to propagating some form of quota system, like the FA is trying to champion, despite such measures being subversive and potentially racist anyway. 

I just wish Hamilton of all people would shut up about it. We've barely heard a peep from him about race issues until the spotlight falls on sport, then suddenly he's a standard bearer. Where was Hamilton when Nascar driver Bubba Wallace had a hangman's noose left in his pit garage?

Where was Hamilton when Nascar driver Bubba Wallace had a hangman's noose left in his pit garage

The rope was there for a long time before Bubba Watson was assigned to that pit garage. Nothing whatsoever to do with him and he knows it.

Hamilton is a disgrace. He is not asking fellow drivers to "take the knee", he is actually trying to force them to do it. A bit like slavery.

14 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

The rope was there for a long time before Bubba Watson was assigned to that pit garage. Nothing whatsoever to do with him and he knows it.

Apparently it was there for about 6 months, used as a handle for opening garage door.

NASCAR have done some diversity training and asked people to stop tying loops and hangman noose  and just tie a knot on the end of ropes used as handles. The reason they gave was loops or hangman noose are offensive to people of colour.

13 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Hamilton is a disgrace. He is not asking fellow drivers to "take the knee", he is actually trying to force them to do it. A bit like slavery.

You mean Wallace. Watson's the golfer!

And my mistake, it does look like an awkward coincidence.  Nationwide, 29 racetracks had 1,684 garage stalls checked, only 11 doors had rope pull down cords and only one was tied in a noose - Wallace's, but it does seem it had been like that for months, although why anyone would use a hangman's noose on a garage door is beyond me!

I was thinking yesterday, as we finally got down to the business of qualifying, who are the role models in F1 these days? Now Alonso and Button have gone, it's very hard to think of drivers who carry themselves with any degree of integrity. Hamilton's so self publicising, Vettel throws his toys out of the pram constantly, Le Clerc's so appallingly arrogant and entitled. Bottas has the personality of a halibut and I'd cross the street to avoid Max Verstappen. Ricciardo perhaps? But the only one I've got any real time for is Christian Horner, who comes aacross as genuinely likeable, happy to talk, even if it's of his teams weaknesses and treats everyone, press included with a great deal of respect

Edited by chrisjpainter

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I was thinking yesterday, as we finally got down to the business of qualifying, who are the roll models in F1 these days? Now Alonso and button have gone, it's very hard to think of drivers who carry themselves with any degree of integrity. Hamilton's so self publicising, Vettel throws his toys out of the pram constantly, Le Clerc's so appallingly arrogant and entitled. Bottas has the personality of a halibut and I'd cross the street to avoid Max Verstappen. Ricciardo perhaps? But the only one I've got any real time for is Christian Horner, who comes aacross as genuinely likeable, happy to talk, even if it's of his teams weaknesses and treats everyone, press included with a great deal of respect

I've been of exactly the same opinion for ages about all of this quote 👍 There is no real talisman/driver in F1 now, unlike in previous eras 😕

Also I'm of the opinion that there are so few, if any [LH excepting] of colour in F1 or any other form of motor racing because it is very elite, with limited numbers participating,,,, unlike ball sports, athletics etc where there are numerous opportunities to participate, and it is easier to 'join in/partake'. Can't drive fast cars round the park,,,, but can run, jog, exercise and kick/throw/hit balls about.... Motor racing IS an elite sport, err sorry,,,, thing 🤔

Edit to add,,,,

LH shouldn't be forcing his agenda onto anyone, least of all his 'colleagues'. IMO

Edited by JKD

11 minutes ago, Scully said:

🙂 Quite ironic really when you think of all the times that front rank must have gone down on one knee when facing the Zulu. 

HHHhaaaaaaahhhhhahahaaaaaa:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.................you wicked sod...............you just could stop yourself from pressing the "enter" key could you :lol:

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

HHHhaaaaaaahhhhhahahaaaaaa.................you wicked sod...............you just could stop yourself from pressing the "enter" key could you 

It honestly just occurred to me, and I don’t mean it in any racist way at all,  but when you think it through it’s maybe not the best symbol that could have been chosen, nor the death of a career criminal the best reason. 
BLM doesn’t seem to bear in mind all those black on black killings in our cities that only a pandemic could bring a temporary halt to either. 
It just beggars belief really; a toddler gets washed up on our shores and a trailer load of immigrants are found dead in the back of a trailer, and the best people can do is hit a ‘like’ button and post an outraged emoticon, a career criminal in the USA is killed and we  take to the streets and start rioting and vandalising stuff. 
Is it me? 

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

I shouldn't laugh. But on his grand day of BLM love-in, Hamilton's got a 3 place grid penalty!

what did he get the grid penalty for...............creating discord in the paddock perchance ?

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

what did he get the grid penalty for...............creating discord in the paddock perchance ?

I don't know! I've been trying to find out. It was something to do with the setup of the car. Redbull spotted it and gave the evidence to the stewards

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

I don't know! I've been trying to find out. It was something to do with the setup of the car. Redbull spotted it and gave the evidence to the stewards

obviously BCM..............black cars matter...........certainly needs looking into.....maybe the new steering aid..

5 second penalty for causing a crash too! And he's lost a podium on the last lap! Lando Norris in the McLaren just blitzed his final lap, took the fastest lap point and turned a 5.4 second gap to Hamilton to a 4.7 second gap and nicks 3rd place Hamilton finishes 4th. It all went a bit sour!

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

Got you and answer. He didn't slow for yellow flags following an incident in qualification. It wasn't picked up by the stewards at the time as the camera angles didn't show it, but Red Bull found some of their own footage that proved it.

Throughout the whole race, Bottas and Hamilton were warned to stay off the curbs as the vibrations were causing havoc with the cars. Hamilton's response? 'but he's doing it more than I am.' What a child.

On 08/06/2020 at 23:03, AVB said:

That is a very good point. I used to have a lot of respect for Hamilton but he has gone down in my estimation with his recent posts. Not that he will be bothered by that. 

I never had any respect for him. I thought he was an out and out "knob" from the get go. He's a brilliant driver. But then so was Stirling Moss. I know whom I'd sooner be stuck in a lift with. 

On 10/06/2020 at 14:42, oowee said:

?. It's surely more about the fact that we had a statue celebrating the life of a slave trader. It's presence against all of the moral values that we stand for as a country. It's nothing to do with the money he brought to the city. It's because those in power were doing nothing about removing it. It's presence was a token of the repression of anyone suffering discrimination. 

The intention is not to erase history. On the contrary it's about better education and understanding of the issues and the history so that we all understand the issues and the history. It's not just Bristol of course but the wealth of each and everyone of us that is built on global exploitation. 

None of that of course excuses the crime of criminal damage even if there are mitigating circumstances. 

The problem with that is we are judging him with the hindsight of history.

What if in a few hundred years eating meat was outlawed and we had society of vegans. Would we all judged to be evil for hunting or eating meat now, it is the way of things in the time we live and I don't suspect many of us have given it a second thought, should we be blamed for that.

Laws are made often based on the collective morel's of societies opinion at the time, that is why you are judged innocent or guilty by 12 of your peers on a jury at crown court. 

I was watching an interview on the BBC this morning from Leicester with a black woman about the coronavirus and the very first thing she said was there is complete difference in the NHS funding between black and Asian people and white people which must be addressed by government funding.