PARD 019 diopters

steve_b_wales

24 minutes ago, rapid .25 said:

Have you tried Blackwood's steve.

Tried contacting him many times, to no avail. I was going to buy the 019 from him, but as he never replied to my messages, I went elsewhere, which worked out better for me, as I bought it for far less than Blackwood's was quoting.

I had issue's last year with emails from his website, they were getting blocked and due to the website sharing an IP which is blocked for spam, they didn't even go into the spam folder they were dumped at the root by my website host, when question they said the IP is on a universal blacklist. I did inform him but don't think he changed hosts/IP.

In the end I had to use a old Hotmail account to receive emails from him.

Try the night vision forum you may get some help from there.

Mick

Just get them from Amazon Steve 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/smardy-Close-Macro-Filter-Diopter/dp/B01N3QR252/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?crid=MX2ZLKSDWVL3&cv_ct_cx=49mm+macro+lens+filter&dchild=1&keywords=49mm+macro+lens+filter&pd_rd_i=B01N3QR252&pd_rd_r=78ee9d7e-16e0-4d98-b041-7f178a81f615&pd_rd_w=eWEr1&pd_rd_wg=VyHE9&pf_rd_p=366aa664-e85a-48db-9783-01420b557151&pf_rd_r=V2130TB5H0FYJ1KC95PE&psc=1&qid=1591695062&sprefix=49mm+macro%2Caps%2C187&sr=1-1-c8b680f7-0dc9-4abe-aa5a-ccfde0ac07ae

Thats what you need , if you were 'nearly'  OK with it as it was , a +2 should be OK , I use a +4 but Im a bit short sighted.

Use a different vendor if you like with the fastest delivery , or use one with Prime (get the trial)

The Smardy or Neewer ones are spot on , theres cheaper ones on Ebay, but long delivery times.

6 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Tried contacting him many times, to no avail. I was going to buy the 019 from him, but as he never replied to my messages, I went elsewhere, which worked out better for me, as I bought it for far less than Blackwood's was quoting.

Nice one, it goes to show that it pays to shop around 👍

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Just get them from Amazon Steve 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/smardy-Close-Macro-Filter-Diopter/dp/B01N3QR252/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?crid=MX2ZLKSDWVL3&cv_ct_cx=49mm+macro+lens+filter&dchild=1&keywords=49mm+macro+lens+filter&pd_rd_i=B01N3QR252&pd_rd_r=78ee9d7e-16e0-4d98-b041-7f178a81f615&pd_rd_w=eWEr1&pd_rd_wg=VyHE9&pf_rd_p=366aa664-e85a-48db-9783-01420b557151&pf_rd_r=V2130TB5H0FYJ1KC95PE&psc=1&qid=1591695062&sprefix=49mm+macro%2Caps%2C187&sr=1-1-c8b680f7-0dc9-4abe-aa5a-ccfde0ac07ae

Thats what you need , if you were 'nearly'  OK with it as it was , a +2 should be OK , I use a +4 but Im a bit short sighted.

Use a different vendor if you like with the fastest delivery , or use one with Prime (get the trial)

The Smardy or Neewer ones are spot on , theres cheaper ones on Ebay, but long delivery times.

I've got a set of 58mm, used with my DSLR. I held the +2 by the lens and it improved the view. I've ordered one 49mm +2 via Ebay. Hopefully, it will suit. 

I wear glasses for reading, but also have distance glasses which I think I'll be wearing more often, as my distance vision is deteriorating.

1 minute ago, steve_b_wales said:

I wear glasses for reading, but also have distance glasses which I think I'll be wearing more often, as my distance vision is deteriorating.

Same as me then.

The trick is to put the menu up, when you can see that clearly, with your eye pressed up, thats when you have the right diopter.
You can even alter the distance within the eyecup slightly for 'fine tuning' 

All of this could have been avoided , and the 019 would have been a great seller, if they had spent another couple of quid on an adjustable diopter.

Just now, Rewulf said:

Same as me then.

The trick is to put the menu up, when you can see that clearly, with your eye pressed up, thats when you have the right diopter.
You can even alter the distance within the eyecup slightly for 'fine tuning' 

All of this could have been avoided , and the 019 would have been a great seller, if they had spent another couple of quid on an adjustable diopter.

:good:

On 09/06/2020 at 10:02, steve_b_wales said:

Hello Steve, have had the same with Blackwood's even on the uk nvuk , where did you buy your 019, pm if you wish, cheers

Hello, my last purchase of some magnification lenses was from aliexpress, RISE (Uk)

• 3 weeks later...