EXPLODING CLAYS

DUNKS

Anyone tried these. Just got some for my birthday. Great fun they go off with a real bang with lots of smoke. Just stick one to the underside of a clay and shoot it. "Of course you have to hit it" The explosion is unreal. They were bought on that auction site.

Edited by DUNKS

I believe Edgar Bros Macclesfield are the suppliers to the trade . You may also consider putting water paint powder in bright colours into the dish of the clay and sealing with a paper disc glued into place . Very bright colourful fun  (when hit).

6 minutes ago, Salopian said:

I believe Edgar Bros Macclesfield are the suppliers to the trade . You may also consider putting water paint powder in bright colours into the dish of the clay and sealing with a paper disc glued into place . Very bright colourful fun  (when hit).

That's what we at our clay pigeon club used to do. We tried putting some plaster powder (as used on walls) and it worked well.

15 minutes ago, Salopian said:

Yes. There is a number of videos on You Tube on how to make your own.

4 minutes ago, MrPhantom said:

I wonder if it makes the clay fly differently. It would be fun to randomly drop a couple in to the clay stack to scare my shooting mates. It's a self-run shoot before anybody asks!

Doesn’t make any difference to Dunks, he waits until they stop!

12 minutes ago, MrPhantom said:

I wonder if it makes the clay fly differently. It would be fun to randomly drop a couple in to the clay stack to scare my shooting mates. It's a self-run shoot before anybody asks!

We found that it made no difference to the speed or direction of the clay. Not that we noticed anyway.

Guest cookoff013

try and use something biodegradable, flour may be perfect. 

i`ve heard that you can buy discs and glue the filling in, only seen some hand loaded online. 

it adds alot of weight compared to a normal clay. 

are we talking midi?

I can remember in the 1960's some bright spark made aluminium clays, you were supposed to hear the 'ping' if you hit them. We painted some of those with blackboard paint and slipped them in with the genuine clays at a Christmas clay shoot. We never did find them all again though  !   😂

I think they use something similar for Laser Clays.

I believe you can get air gun targets of the same 'exploding' type.

Edited by Westley

22 hours ago, London Best said:

Doesn’t make any difference to Dunks, he waits until they stop!

Yep a hit every time!👍

18 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Years ago we went the other way and made some indestructible clays to catch a know it all out!:rolleyes:

His face when the first one sailed on away from him, he twigged after shooting at 4!:w00t:

Nice one!

On 09/06/2020 at 10:11, Salopian said:

I've seen this on youtube it looks a good idea, I'd love to have a go.