Which online Knife Shops... for working Knives

Keith RW

Looking for a 4" bladed folder/lock knife such as the CRKT Siesmic / Boker Caracal or something similar size and quality but cant find anything over here in UK

Something meaty that will stand up to working the field but nothing as fiddly as your typical 3" edc and not fixed blade

any ideas where these larger folders can be purchased online or over the counter, "Knives and Tools" website have some half

decent kit but every time longer blades go in the shopping cart they are rejected as not available to ship to UK

Heinnie OK for the smaller EDC and "Exotic" but not so much the "big and beefy"

Boker Caracal is "modified" for UK market and CRKT Siesmic not on there

trying to stay away from fixed blade knife but becoming difficult unless settling for Lansky Responder X9 which is not quite as industrious but does look to be value for money

Just wondering, is it allowed(legal) to have in your vehicle/shooting kit a machette. 

I have for many years used an Army issue Golok, aka tree beater or Machette. Issued to me in 75 new and kept razor sharp as only I every used it.

Stolen from my daughters allotment a while ago. When reported to the Police she was told she could be prosecuted for having it, even in its sheath and covered in the car travelling to from said allotment. If recovered it would not be returned. ********

I now use a small hand axe and secuteurs if needed for hides.

Edited by Centrepin
Add

7 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Just wondering, is it allowed(legal) to have in your vehicle/shooting kit a machette. 

I have for many years used an Army issue Golok, aka tree beater or Machette. Issued to me in 75 new and kept razor sharp as only I every used it.

Stolen from my daughters allotment a while ago. When reported to the Police she was told she could be prosecuted for having it, even in its sheath and covered in the car travelling to from said allotment. If recovered it would not be returned. ********

I now use a small hand axe and secuteurs if needed for hides.

You can carry anything if you have a good reason for it to be there and it is in the boot.

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You can carry anything if you have a good reason for it to be there and it is in the boot.

That's what I I thought,  probably just the copper gobbing off and trying to scare a woman. Funny how they never gob off to older men who can stand their ground.

Just now, Centrepin said:

That's what I I thought,  probably just the copper gobbing off and trying to scare a woman. Funny how they never gob off to older men who can stand their ground.

Yes, a bit of a ridiculous statement really, when you bear in mind it’s perfectly legal to carry a gun in your vehicle if you have reason to do so. How does he think people get any sort of tool to or from wherever they’re going? 
My work vehicle is home to various ‘stabby’ and otherwise offensive pointy or bashy things, if that’s how folk want to view them.

All you have to remember is to leave them in the vehicle if going into a shop. A machete doesn’t look out of place in a garden, but it would in Morrisons. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yes, a bit of a ridiculous statement really, when you bear in mind it’s perfectly legal to carry a gun in your vehicle if you have reason to do so. How does he think people get any sort of tool to or from wherever they’re going? 
My work vehicle is home to various ‘stabby’ and otherwise offensive pointy or bashy things, if that’s how folk want to view them.

All you have to remember is to leave them in the vehicle if going into a shop. A machete doesn’t look out of place in a garden, but it would in Morrisons. 

It was always packed as part of my kit, and alway in a rucksack(bergan) in the boot. 

A machette in morrisons in some places I've visited wouldn't be out of place😅

54 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

It was always packed as part of my kit, and alway in a rucksack(bergan) in the boot. 

A machette in morrisons in some places I've visited wouldn't be out of place😅

The amount of times we went to the supermarket while in the scouts with a sheath knife hanging off our belts and only remembered it was there halfway down aisle 3!!

You could try here https://www.knivesandtools.co.uk/  they actually ship from Germany (well my 2 orders have) but both have arrived within 3 or 4 days with no issues at all, one was a Opinel No 8 (so not legal as an EDC) and the other a Gerber wingtip (legal for EDC).  They do an age check on your first order, but it didnt delay my order at all, in fact the first order was the 3 day one.

I will certainly be using them again.